[SOLVED] Random failure in arc welding

• Hello everyone!

I'm having a trouble in arc welding process.

There's about 10 locations of weld in each part I produce (like the attachment pictures), but the arc sometimes fails, pulling to one or other side, instead of staying in the center of both pieces. This happens randomly, in various points.

I've already checked the repeatability with the dial and it's ok.
    My jig is very firm and well fixed.

Everything seems to be ok, but the problem continues. I just don't know more what to do!

Any sugestions?

Thanks!!!

Robot: Fanuc ARC Mate 120iC - R30ia
    Power Source: Lincoln Electric POWER WAVE i400
    GMAW Process; Wire Ø1,0mm; Metal thickness 0,9mm.

• From the look of the pictures, the weld is down below 2 large rounded surfaces. This leads to a longer than than desired wire stick out that allows for the wire to deflect
    from where you want it because of cast in the wire. All wire has cast, smaller spool fed has more than a barrel of wire. you may try a tapered nozzle which would allow you to
    maintain the desired wire stick out when doing this weld. Needs cleaning more often, but that's better than repairing half your parts after run thru your robot.
    We use these tapered nozzles only when we have to. try one with either a .500', or .375 inch opening. both are available.

• Yes the weld is below two round surfaces, hard to aproxximate the nozzle.

I've made a 0.500' nozzle to do some tests, next week I'll be testing and let's see what happens.

-----------------------------------------
    PROBLEM SOLVED

!!! Thanks very much keyboard7 !!!

best regards

Edited once, last by matt_dct ().

Advertising from our partners