Installing KSS 5.4.14 froze

• Hi all,
    The robot is a KR2150 C2, upgraded the Hard disk to SSD and RAM 512 x 2, KSS installation 5.4.14, (kuka XP already installed).
    The problem is that the KSS installation got stuck at "Firewall Setting" for long time, has it crashed?
    Did the same installation on another SSD few days ago, the same thing happened (stuck @ "Firewall setting"), I switched off controller, powered it up again somehow it went through KSS and manged to move the robot , but I get a feeling that the installation is not properly installed....what do you think?

Cheers,

• Is this a KRC4? Are you installing this new KSS via USB?

There are several things to keep in mind if installing the software via USB (KRC4).
    1) A non-bootable USB stick must be used.
    2) All zip files must be unzipped. This means that if you got the KSS from the OEM in zip form, you must unzip it.
    3) There must be no other files or directories on the USB stick used for the install (only the inzipped KSS).
    4) Start-up->Software update->USB and follow instructions.

• Hi Robotfrenchman,
    This is a KRC2 standard.
    The KSS 5.4.14 was copied to the SSd drive and installed from desktop, but I had also tried installing it from the CD and both method stuck at "Firewall Settings", but the strange thing is when I power off cabinet then power on I still be able to enter KSS 5.4.14 which is ok, is just the installation does not seem to reach the end page of the installation where it should show a window saying "Installation Complete".

The KSS5.4.14 folder contains a SETUP.exe the only zipped folders are DATA1, DATA2, ENGINE32.

Advertising from our partners