Backup Battery Unit

• So i recently found out that I have to replace the backup battery unit for an ABB S4Cplus robot controller. My question is where is it located and do i change it while the robot is on or off? Please can anyone help.

• On the lower right side of the control cabinet is the CPU enclosure. At the bottom is a 6"X6" plate with a finger-pull. This is the battery/charger unit. I prefer to change backup batteries with power applied (on).

• The battery pack provides enough energy for the controller to complete an image after the power is removed.
    You can change it with the power off if you make sure you get a good image backup before change the battery pack.
    To get an image before removing power, use 'Shutdown' located in the 'File' dropdown of the 'Service' menu.
    Since this is a 18-cell NiCad battery pack, you need to leave the controller on for 24 hours after installation to ensure it is fully charged.
    If you need to remove controller power before then, use the 'Shutdown' to be safe.

• Hi guys:
    Please help me with IRB1400 S4C
    I'm having problems after disconnecting the backup battery to measure its voltage (after having low battery message). It was okay 25v.
    Then I saw that the small battery of the cpu (3V) was dead. I changed it.
    After this the system is no longer booting, and the red status LED blinks.
    In the TPU the message "Wait Startup in progress" is displayed infinitely.
    In the power supply the LED is off even though the AC and DC are measured and ok

Before disconnecting the battery and having this problem the boot occurred normally and the system requested for the last backup image saved and properly initialized the controller.

Questions:
    Disconnecting the battery may interfere with the boot?
    If yes what happens and what it is necessary to do so that the boot is realized?
    Is there any special procedure after reconnecting the batteries, such as jumping and or handling any signal?
    Thanks in advance

• An S4C+ system can get a corrupt .img file (which may simply be deleted).
    There's another thread around here somewhere that discusses the S4C... don't remember if it had a solution, though.

• and don't forget in some case you have to replace the package not only the battery.
    if you need more information let me know

Hi, I have a question around changing the battery or the complete package. As far I know you have to replace the complete package if the rev is below 10, as from rev 10 you may only change the battery. But where can I find the rev number?

Already thanks for the help!

Advertising from our partners