Roboguide to AB PLC?

• I have a robot in roboguide, and a CompactLogix PLC sitting on my desk. Is there a way to get roboguide to communicate with the PLC so I can do some testing?

• ROBOGUIDE has a setting $EIP_ENBL_IO=1 which allows use of ROBOGUIDE as EIP Scanner (SCN) or Adapter (SDP). This is not a standard product. To use, please set the $EIP_ENBL_IO system variable to 1 (default is 0), then cycle the workcell's robot power. The EIP SCN/ADP will use your PC's real IP address. If you setup the Scanner Connection it will try to connect to an Adapter device on the network. It does not support R-30iBs capability to use two IP Address. Use the V9.10P EIP Manual for setup details.

• ROBOGUIDE has a setting $EIP_ENBL_IO=1 which allows use of ROBOGUIDE as EIP Scanner (SCN) or Adapter (SDP). This is not a standard product. To use, please set the $EIP_ENBL_IO system variable to 1 (default is 0), then cycle the workcell's robot power. The EIP SCN/ADP will use your PC's real IP address. If you setup the Scanner Connection it will try to connect to an Adapter device on the network. It does not support R-30iBs capability to use two IP Address. Use the V9.10P EIP Manual for setup details.

Do you know with which version this became supported? I've explicitly asked Fanuc about this some time ago and they stated that EIP in Roboguide was not supported.

Thank you! it works. I now connected RG and the robot via EiP. The software 8.30.

• ###my PC ###
    Windows 7

###ROBOT###
    RobotGuide version : 9.1
    Virtual robot controller verison : 7.40 R-30iA
    $EIP_ENBL_IO=1
    IPAdress of the robot = the same as my PC (ex : 192.1.68.60)
    Slot 1 is enable
    input size (words) = 4
    Output size (words) = 4

###PLC###
    IP adresse on the same subnet (ex: 192.1.68.220)
    Allen bradley CompactLogix L30ERM
    Ethernet generic module that try to connect to the 192.1.68.60
    input 101 (size 2x32bit)
    output 151 (size 2x32bit)
    Confi 100 (0x8bit)

### result###
    It doesn't work ... The ethernet generic module return my a error : 16#0005 - Connection request Error: Bad Class
    I can connect to a real robot, but on a virtual robot it doesn't work.

Is there something to do with the windows configuration (firewall, autorisation, access...)

Thanks for your help, I need to get this working

This only works on R-30iA & R30iB, it will NOT work on R-30iB+ (OS error fault). Hopefully will save someone like myself some frustrating troubleshooting hours...

for the Plus controllers you need to setup something on EDA like a register that the PLC can read then it will work without the OS error

• Thanks guys for this thread, it's provided a nice facility now when testing configuration setups.

This has been on my wish list (as I'm just starting out with Fanuc) and I wasn't actively looking into it at this time, but when I came across this thread, it catapulted it to a 'must do now'...…………….

I have a Siemens ET200S EIP Module, and thanks to this thread, managed to use Roboguide V9 Rev H and Version 8.30 to effectively test configurations and understand more of how to configure, allocated and address it and learn how it's all configured from Fanuc's perspective.

Gives me a good benchmark now to effectively test alternative vendors for IO extension options, without requiring an actual Robot.

Very much appreciate the information provided...………..:beerchug:

• Is there any possibility once you have an Ethernet/IP device mapped to simulate the inputs/outputs at all in Roboguide?

- When it's offline, there doesn't seem to be any option to simulate, can anybody clarify if this is possible or not?

• Gentlemen,

I use RG in simulation mode with a Rockwell PLC 5069-L330ERM.

Mapping is ok, and no issues cocncerning that.

What I can't seem to get running is start a program in automatic mode, so using a standard startup protocol selecting PNS0001, and cyclestart.

anyone out here ho has the same problem ?

Error SYST-011 Failed to run task

SYST-007 Network is the master device.

don't know if anything has to do with it, but I started from a backup of an existing robot, to fnish the project remotly.

Regards.

• I agree with pdl

When I was using EIP, unless $RMT_MASTER was set to 0, I'd receive that error too.

I think by default, it's set at 1 and upon opening the project, always resets to 1 too.

I just dumped $RMT_MASTER = 0 into a BGLogic and it worked fine then.

• I agree with pdl

When I was using EIP, unless $RMT_MASTER was set to 0, I'd receive that error too.

I think by default, it's set at 1 and upon opening the project, always resets to 1 too.

I just dumped $RMT_MASTER = 0 into a BGLogic and it worked fine then.

Yes, this seems like a step forwards, but not there yet :frowning_face:

It looks like the PNs selection signal does not arrive at the roboguide side

From PLC side I am forcing the output high, but at roboguide the UI9 stays low.

this is very strange, the mapping is straightforward, and all the other outputs from PLC arrive nicely at the roboguide side

UOP config

Status

UI9 tot UI16 (PNS selection) is somewhere forced to zero in the Roboguide.

Advertising from our partners