Looking for welder recommendations

• What has been your favorite robotic welder and why? I'm looking to buy a new welder for an older robot and would like to hear others opinions and experiences in general

I've used Lincolns/Fronius/ESAB previously with Lincoln edging out the competition due to their support and parts availability (but not by much). I've also had experience with older and more obscure brands of European welders that have been a complete headache due to translation errors in manuals and lack of interface options.

• I have used the Lincoln Power Wave and once they are setup they just need to run doesn't really require much maintenance but the thing to keep in mind is the application for the wire feeding, ive have done programming for customers that had wire feed out of a barrel and it didnt work out very well because the liners they bought were cheap and jammed up alot due to the wire rubbing grooves. I have also used SKS Welders and the new digital ones are sweet! its basically like a tablet while your setting up parameters and again they seem to just run for ever with little to no problems but they are costly compared to other units ( SKS is german quality) just my two cents

• ESAB welders integrate well with ABB robots, I've seen good results of SKS welders on Fanuc robots too, I did like the ability to network the SKS welders so they could be monitored & adjusted from a central PC.

• I should have described the robot as analog control as opposed to older, it is a 2002 Motoman XRC.

After shopping around we went for a Kemppi as we'd had good experiences with their manual machines and local support team.
    Also came with the ability to interface using analog signals and change the interface to digital in the future if necessary.
    As mentioned by roboharr we can set parameters from a tablet style controller for all advanced functions that aren't accessible through the analog interface.

• What has been your favorite robotic welder and why? I'm looking to buy a new welder for an older robot and would like to hear others opinions and experiences in general

I've used Lincolns/Fronius/ESAB previously with Lincoln edging out the competition due to their support and parts availability (but not by much). I've also had experience with older and more obscure brands of European welders that have been a complete headache due to translation errors in manuals and lack of interface options.

Fronius welder isnthe best for arc welding if it interface with KUKA robot, and for Motoman their own welder is the best for arc welding

Advertising from our partners