LBR IIWA 7 R800 - TCP/IP socket communication problem

• Greetings,

I have a problem with TCP/IP communication between my LBR IIWA and PC.
    I made a multiclient-server, that is running on a sunrise cabinet as background task
    and simple client app (in C#) on my laptop. The communication works well until the moment,
    when I make changes in project (change server code) and run again synchronize projects.
    Then communication stops work. The only solution is to change the port number.
    But there are only ten allowable port numbers (30000-30010), so after ten times changing and synchronize project all the ports are "clogged". :hmmm:

Between two PCs works this client-server communication well, I can communicate (and changing, reseting server) on the one port continuously,
    but between pc and sunrise cabinet is problem.

In Annex I attach my server code (only logic for better clarity)

I will be grateful for any help!

Thank you!

• Hello!
    I believe you have tried reboot of sunrise cabinet (kuka itself)
    and you sure you are closing TCP communication before synchronizing?

UPD. I have encountered the same problem, reboot of controller works well.

Edited once, last by vitt0ri0 ().

• You'd better close you server when the background app exits.
    You can override its 'dispose' method like the following:

Code
    @Override
        public void dispose()
        {
            serverSocket.close();
            super.dispose();
        }
  • Thanks for your advice, user kiiwa has already helped me solve it. (You're right, the problem was in the missing dispose() method)
    Now the communication works well : )

• Hi,

I am trying to to the same. However I am unable to communicate from my C++ socket client to the Java server. Did you have to enable those ports somehow ? What IP were you using on the client side ? Btw I am not sure if this is relevant, but I am using FRI.

Best,

Guillaume

• I wanted a way to communicate with my Application when using the FRI. I realised that I need to have two Ethernet connections for this; one for the KONI and the other for the X66.

Advertising from our partners