BZAL error

• Hi!

I got a used Fanuc M-1iA/0.5A with R-30iB Mate.

When I turned it on, I got the BLAL message and BZAL error message. So, I changed the battery.
    But still I got the error messages such as

"SRVO-003 Deadman Switch released"
    "SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:6)"
    "SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:5)"
    "SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:4)"
    "SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:3)"
    "SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:2)"
    "SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:1)"
    "SRVO-230 Chain 1 abnormal 0,0"

I could reset the RES_PCA, but I could not recalibrate and remaster it.

Many thanks in advance.

Kim

• Describe the "battery" that you changed. How many were there?

Are you able to jog the robot in JOINT coordinates mode?
    Can you jog it so that all 6 witness marks are in accurate alignment, all at the same time?
    (Finish lining up 2 before lining up axis 3)

The RES_PCA should have taken away all your BZAL alarms if the batteries are okay now.
    You probably can get rid of your Channel fault in the alarm window with F4 RES_1CH (then YES then reset key)

Definitely let us know if you can jog the robot into the ZERO position, all witness marks aligned at the same time.
    You can also do a search on this forum for master cal

• After you reset the pulse coders RES_PCA you must turn the controller off then on again
    After that you need to "jog" every axis in joint to establish a pulse reference. Then you can master and calibrate.

Edited once, last by Racermike123 ().

• Thank you all.

FYI, I am new to Fanuc robot. I do not have the maintenance manual.

BTW, I did not know that I should change the battery (A02B-0323-K102:A98L-0031-0028) in the machine active condition.
    But, I just changed the battery after turning it off. I think this may cause the data loss?

I cannot jog any axis with the iPendent.

Thank you.

Kim

• A set of manuals will go a long way in helping you develop an understanding of what you need to do and what you shouldn't.

Changing the batteries with the controller power off is most likely the cause of your problem. Follow the advice from others and get the pulse coder alarms reset, master and calibrate and you should be set.

• According to fanuc, you can safely change the ram backup battery (the one you listed the part number for) within 20 minutes of turning off the controller. I have always done it with the power on.

The encoder backup batteries must be changed with the power on, or else you will lose mastering.

• NEVER, EVER REPLACE THE BATTERIES IN A FANUC WITH THE POWER TURNED OFF!
    I know the manual says you can replace the CPU battery with the power turned off. It claims you have a TWO minute window but I can tell you from experience that that is not true.

eorka333 you need to replace the batteries in the robot mechanical unit. I believe these are c cell batteries, and there are 4 of them.

• just put the master count values from your BOM into the $DMR.GRP $MASTER_COUN
    then true the master done bit
    go to mas/cal calibirate robot

now check your eye mark on each axis it is matching or not if it is matching then your robot is ready again

if not you have to master by zero mastering.

• just put the master count values from your BOM into the $DMR.GRP $MASTER_COUN
    then true the master done bit
    go to mas/cal calibirate robot

now check your eye mark on each axis it is matching or not if it is matching then your robot is ready again
    if not you have to master by zero mastering.

This will not work if the batteries have gone dead, a pulse cable has been disconnected, or the battery box has been opened with the power off.
    You MUST reset the pulse coders, cycle power, jog each axis to establish a pulse, and then master and calibrate.

• thankuuuu sir for correcting me :respect:

• Question: what if I’m not able to clear the BZAL even after doing the whole procedure that is: master enable-1, RES_PCA, reset the controller power.
    The robots not allowing me to move the axis because of the alarm. BZAL alarm group 2 axis 1.
    Thanks in advance.

• If it is a 420-i robot there are 4 D cell batteries in the base of the robot behind a 4 inch~ black plate with 2 silver screws.
    The BZAL alarm means those batteries need to be changed and the alarm will not clear until you do change them and then follow the procedures already noted above.

• ...BZAL alarm group 2 axis 1.

Sounds like an external axis. I had a similar problem - tried re-connecting the pulsecoder cable. My controller has another battery box mounted lower-left corner on inside of door. Looks a bit like a transformer, so I had never changed those batteries.

Picture located here:
    https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…ion=dlattach;attach=18587

Edited once, last by Iowan ().

• Question: what if I’m not able to clear the BZAL even after doing the whole procedure that is: master enable-1, RES_PCA, reset the controller power.
    The robots not allowing me to move the axis because of the alarm. BZAL alarm group 2 axis 1.
    Thanks in advance.

When you hit F3 to RES_PCA did you also hit F4 for YES to confirm before you cycled power? I've done that before. Otherwise it sounds like the batteries in the base need replaced or as Iowan mentioned check inside the cabinet for an external axis battery pack. Our external axis are backed up by the batteries in the base. If once you've changed all the batteries I would say check your encoder/cable. Could be a bad cable or poor connection.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• We have robots with 3 sets of batteries, the normal set in the base of the robot for the 6 axis arm, the auxiliary set in the cabinet door for the RTU/Gantry, and then a third set inside the end effector tooling for the grippers. We do tool swapping, so we need those batteries to maintain pulse coder memory while the gripper is detached from the arm.

• We have the ATC heads on some of our material handlers but they are entirely pneumatic so no need for the additional batteries. I wish we had cooler toys to play with in our shop. :uglyhammer2:

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• I got a used Fanuc LR 100iB

Im getting these alarms even when i press reset

Do i need to chance the batteries it has been standing for more than 2 years?

"SRVO-003 Deadman Switch released"

"SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:6)"

"SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:5)"

"SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:4)"

"SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:3)"

"SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:2)"

"SRVO-062 BZAL alarm (Group: 1 Axis:1)"

"SRVO-230 Chain 1 abnormal 0,0"

Thanks for the help in advance

Advertising from our partners