What to do After syncing a Fanuc and a AB CompactLogix

• Hi.

I'm a student at a tech school. I am trying to link a Fanuc LR Mate 200ic 5f with a R-30iA to an Allen Bradley COmpact Logix L32E. I talked with Fanuc and they were able to help me get Ethernet/IP installed. I have them linked and "running" and I think if have the Fanuc configured properly to Rack 89. But now I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to link the i/o of the Fanuc to the PLC. I see bits and pieces about the UOP and the Digitali/o, but not a concise instruction.

All I want to do is basic handshaking between the PLC and the robot. I already have the palletizing program written on the robot, but the PLC is going to be controlling the vacuum valves. I tried calling Fanuc again, and the guy didn't know how to proceed.

Any tips or links to helpful reading would be appreciated.
    :help:

• Can you post a screenshot of your digital IO and UOP configuration and the ethernet/ip config on the robot. Then post a screenshot of the ethernet module in RSlogix.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• I assume, that the robot is the "slave" here, so you use the "adapter" connection.

If you have the Ethernet/IP config done, then the communication should be running. The thing is that there is still no relationship between that communication and the actual IO points of the controller - you still need to assign the robot's I/Os to the configured connection(s).
    To do this, you have to go to MENU - I/O and then select the desired IO type (let's say DIs)
    Then you go to Config and input the following data:
    - DI [range] - numbers of the first and the last signal of the currently defined range
    - Rack - 89 (EhternetIP)
    - Slot - accordingly to the connection number in the EthernetIP config menu
    - Start - index number of the EthernetIP "comm frame's" signal that will be assigned as the first DI of the currently defined range.

Advertising from our partners