KSS15101

• Hi

I have KSS15101 with the description Safe device CIB SR Safety Module (SION-CIB-SR) Error at input 2
    Does any one know what is input 2?

The robot is a Kuka Aglius 700
    KS V8.3.219

The X11 Plug has been configured as follows

1->2 through master control in cell main panel
    3->4 through master control in cell main panel
    1->5 through Safety relay in cell main panel
    3->6 through Safety relay in cell main panel
    1->7 Jumpered in main Panel
    3->8 Jumpered in main Panel
    1->9 Jumpered in main Panel
    3->10 Jumpered in main Panel
    1->11 Jumpered in main Panel
    3->12 Jumpered in main Panel
    20->21 Jumpered on Plug
    22->23 Jumpered on Plug
    30->31 Jumpered on Plug
    32->33 Jumpered on Plug
    34->35 in Estop Chain of Main Panel
    45->46 in Estop Chain of Main Panel

The error messages do not seem to indicate a wiring error , If I had a bad connection I would exect a more specifc message about operator safety , external enabling etc.

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

• This issue has been resolved.
    If anyone has a similar problem these are the steps I took to resolve the issue.

1) I called the Kuka help centre and was told that KSS15101 Error at input 2 meant that there was a problem with one of the channels.
    2) I had previously checked the cable between the robot and main panel and it was wired correctly with all jumpers in place.
    3) The E stop chains all showed a clocked signal at each terminal and that is where I stopped and then called to find out what input 2 meant.
    4) After being told that the CIB board was missing one of the signals I disconnected the X11 plug from the robot controller , jumpered all the safety relays in the panel and then started tracing the circuit from the DB50 pin side.
    5) I found that pins 4 and 13 where connected to the wrong channels and traced it to a safety relay which I found wired incorrectly.
    6) After that the robot started up correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Customer satisfaction is my top priority - <br />Except when it is hard, unprofitable or I'm busy

• Hi there thanks for sharing your issue resolution, I've just set up my KUKA AGILUS 1100 Sixx and have the same error after wiring up the X11 Jumper as described by the support staff in Wednesbury.

Was your controller a KR C Compact, or the standard sized one? because my X11 Jumper connections are different to yours?
    Links:
    5-6
    7-8
    16-17
    18-19
    28-29
    14-15
    20-21
    30-31
    22-23
    32-33
    25-24

• KRC4 compact and KRC4 small size (V1) use DB50 as X11 interface.

Other KRC4 versions such as KRC4 small size-2, standard, extended etc. use HAN connector. Pinouts are of course different.

Btw. input numbers are marked on the drawings... inside square brackets...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners