8.3.2x Kuka EthernetIP

• 1. I am using KRC 8.3.2x
    2. My network configuration is properly set, my laptop's IPv4 setting are in the same network as robot config.
    3. I cannot ping the robot or PC from the robot (when I tried ipconfig on the robot, it gives me the address 198.x.x.x which I believe is for internal network
    4. I have tried connecting directly to the Ethernet switch board inside controller- no result
    5. When I open work visual on the robot, I see that the baseAddress of active controller is 176.x.x.x which I was expecting to be 10.x.x.x (this is what I have set in network config)
    6. I have tried a different image on the robot but same issue.
    7. What else can I do?

• I am able to use workvisual with the robot using KLI2 port. That is at 172.17.255.1. I had to use automatic DHCP on the robot.
    I am able to download projects and upload them from KLI2 that is connected to the outside of robot controller.

But I am still unable to talk to KLI1 port. My robot network @10.176.x.x should be the IP for KLI1 right? I am also not able to talk to auxiliary systems that are on the same 10.176.x.x network

• Sorry to name them like that.
    There is one Ethernet connection on the robot controller, another one that is inside.
    The outside one called the service port is working fine for me but the virtual5 network is not.

• so what is your KLI setup?
    how many virtual interfaces are associated with it? (only virtual5 or there are others?)
    what are ip, mask etc. on the KLI and what are they on your laptop?
    Do you get LED activity on your laptop LAN port when you connect to KLI?
    Does your LAN adapter show it is connected?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• So I tried a different robot image with same network configuration: It works for that, the network switch is good as I am able to ping rest of the devices on the network (10.176.x.x). I am able to ping that robot fine, and when I connect to workisual it shows the 10.176.x.x network. Also, I am able to ping back and forth from robot to PC

My KLI has virtual5 associated with it, I am not sure if there are multiple networks, I doubt that

The other robot has a different software version (8.3.10)

I figure something is weird with the workvisual setting--not sure what
    Subnet mask is : 255.255.255.0

Gateway is 10.176.x.1
    IP is 10.176.x.x

Edited once, last by heidi ().

• i cannot be of help if my questions are not answered. [size=2px]maybe somoene else can chime in. [/size][/size][size=2px]good luck...[/size]

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• so what is your KLI setup? ---I am not sure how do you set this? When I open network configuration, in the virtual 5 setting, I see Queue on some robots and Receive all on mine
    how many virtual interfaces are associated with it? (only virtual5 or there are others?)--I do not know how to find this
    what are ip, mask etc. on the KLI and what are they on your laptop?--10.176.48.240,255.255.255.0 on the robot, ?--10.176.48.101,255.255.255.0 on the laptop,
    Do you get LED activity on your laptop LAN port when you connect to KLI?--yes, because I am able to see that my laptop is connected to a lan network
    Does your LAN adapter show it is connected?--yes it shows it is connected

• KLI interface can have several functions and setup can be quite involved. for example this interface can be assigned several virtual adapters with different network settings, queues and filters. this is used for EIP, PNET, RSI, EKI and many other things. even though all KLI adapters are virtual, they are NOT equal. also only one of them can be a windows interface. adapter marked as windows interface is one that WoV may communicate with. Btw - be careful when making network settings changes on the robot as wrong setup may render your robot inoperable. in this case the only way to recover is to reload HDD image. for more info on KLI and fieldbus setup take Kuka training or at least read related manuals.

in your case there are two things you want from KLI:
    a) Windows network (so your WoV can communicate through KLI)
    b) EIP network

both can be on one adapter - virtual5. the fact is EIP (or PNET) must be on virtual5.

Also note that KRC is a PC based architecture but... there is more than one operating system. windows is used as a front end but vxworks runs the show and controls the hardware resources. this means if you were to use ping or ipconfig from robot side, this would have to be done inside vxworks, not windows. win and vx exchange data through another interface (192.168.0.x) and this is what you would see if you try to run ipconfig on KPC on windows side.

the "Ethernet switch board inside controller" you mention is so called CCU (cabinet control unit).
    it is actually two boards stacked together. larger one is managed switch, smaller one is power management board.

because this is managed switch, each and every port on it has very specific function (each belongs to a different internal network).
    you cannot simply plug network cable in any of available port and expect to communicate with controller.

in fact KLI port is not present on the CCU at all, it is a single port and - it is on KPC.

assuming you have proper backups, to setup EIP network you need to:
    1. have EthrnetIP software installed on your controller
    2. WoV installed on your PC and configured correctly (import KOPs, manage DTM)
    3. decide on network architecture (choose address range and correct role of each node)
    4. have KLI port correctly configured
    5. have PC and KRC on same network (check by pinging from your PC)
    6. use WoV to take current project from controller
    7. save it as new file name (version control is a smart thing)
    8. configure EIP bus
    9. configure EIP node(s)
    10. map IO
    11. deploy and activate project

that is only robot side configuration. you need to do the equivalent setup on other nodes.

3) read 1 and 2

• eam,
    1. After 4 miles of back and forth –solved it
    a. It’s funky because this was the first thing that I checked –KLIconfig file and that was the issue
    b. When I looked at DiagnosticDiagnosis, you should see data for every interface
    i. All the working robot had an option for network interface (KLI) but my robot did not
    1. I assumed the virtual5 is same as KLI
    c. I checked the actual robots and they had the option for network interface (KLI) and my robot instead had network interface (virtual5) in Diagnosis
    d. Also, the remote diagnostic gave me an option for KLI and service interface
    i. The first thing I checked is this on the backyard robot and found it gave me options for virtual5 and service—Hmm
    ii. I made another compare for KLIconfig file and found out they were different :-o
    e. I loaded the KLI from the backups and kaBoom everything works
    f.

Advertising from our partners