SFDO/SFDI how to set output

• Good day,
    When Robot leaving danger zone I have to set SFDO to reset safety light curtain. I cannot set standard DO to PLC because it wont be safety anymore. The point is that I do not know how to set SFDO to ON or OFF. There is no such SFDO in INST->3(I/O) during writing new program. The same situation is with SFDI. I need to check if SFDI is active, if so then Robot cannot reach some points. Also I do not know how to check if this SFDI signal in ON or OFF. What I know how to do is how to active DCS zone when SFDI is active. This works great. I set it in DCS-> Safe IO Connect like on image in attachment.
    I really need help with this. Thank you for any suggestion.

I am using M710-iC-50 Robot and R30-iB Controller. It is welding process.

• You set the safe output in the Safe I/O Connect screen that you have attached the picture of.

For Example, if you wanted SFDO[1] to turn on when Cartesian Zone 1 is safe then:

SPO[1] = CPC[1]

For your safe input, you normally would just use it to mute or unmute a DCS zone. If you also want to use it logically in the program, then you can map a flag to it. SFDI's are mapped to Rack 36, Slot 1.

*Please note that the SFDI and zone muting is safety rated, but the use of the flag would not be. If you are using both in conjunction together then it would be ok. The flag would tell the robot not to go into the zone, and the DCS would stop it if it did enter the zone.

• I am guessing, but I think you can't. SFDO is already an output from robot, but it is safety output. If we needed any SFDO/SFDI to use it in robot program we read this signal with PLC and send it to Robot through normal PLC DO to Robot DI.
    That is how we solved this problem, but maybe there is better way.

If you do not have Profisafe option, check this thing in DCS manual : CRMB2. There are in standard option two SFDO/SFDI for use.

Edited once, last by SimonPL ().

• The robot can read all DCS signals internally by mapping DI/DO's to Rack 36. The details for each signal type are in the DCS manual. Keep in mind, the SFDI and SFDO are safety rated, but the corresponding DI and DO would not be. They are still very useful for logical checks in the program.

Advertising from our partners