Roboguide keeps breaking on our computers (can't create a second robot)

• Hey all. I'm about to pull all my hair out, because Roboguide keeps randomly breaking. Here is what is happening:

I'll be working on a robot cell. All is fine and dandy. I'll close the program, shut down my computer, and then then next time I boot it, the program will start booting up the virtual robots. When the second robot starts booting (it's always the second robot no matter if it's a new cell and I'm adding a second robot, or just opening a save with two+ robots), it hangs on the FRS:VOLATIL.PC file. Every time. And it's not just me. It has happened on three of our computers running both windows 7 and windows 10. The only fix is to completely wipe and reformat our computers. We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing on a new user, running in compatibility mode. Nothing works. We've tried contacting support. Their only suggestion was that we didn't have enough RAM. We have 24gb of RAM in our PCs.

Has anyone else run into this problem? This is happening every week. We can't keep reformatting our computers every week. It's just not an option. I would try running it on a virtual machine, but of course, Roboguide won't work on one.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Hey all,

I have now found out why it is not possible to open a second robot or a second instance of Roboguide.

Roboguide uses different TCP ports for communication.
    If one is already used (by another program), Roboguide gets stuck at opening volatil.pc.

At my installation, the first port was 80, the second 9001.

To check, which port is yours, try to open the cell go to the logfile and check the last line.
    C:\Users\*yourUser*\Documents\My Workcells\*YourWorkcell*\Robot_2
    In the following line, you find the reason for failing:

Code
    [HTTP]: Binding to tcp port number 9001
    Error binding socket

Now, open the Windows Resource Monitor, go to the tab 'Network' and down to 'TCP Connections' and search for the bad guy.
    Mine was 'Java'. So close or remove the program and Roboguide will work.

I hope this helps.

• I had the same problem (stops on port 9001 FRS:VOLATIL.PC) and on my PC it was a intel graphics card software related issue on windows 10.

How to fix:

In windows, go to:

Star menu

Type: Services:

Find the service called: "Intel(R) Graphics Command Center Service"

Rightclick > Properties > Startup type = Disabled

This fixed the problem for me.. :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners