Interbus krc1

• :help:
    I need help with interbus for krc1
    I was asked to instalacja io's on one krc1
    But IT has ony interbus on mfc card.
    If anybody has Electric diagram of interbus conector and/or configuration manual.

There are no impossibles, there are only possibles waiting to be found.

• Mapping in iosys.ini will be less problem.
    I don't know how make hardware connection and how to configure network topology to the robot.
    This is why I asked for manuals or guides.

There are no impossibles, there are only possibles waiting to be found.

• Dear,

We have an old KUKA KR C1 robot. We would like to establish communication with Phoenix Contact IBS IP CDIO/R 24-12/4/8 and robot via Interbus. We only need robot to behave as interbus master (interbus slave function is not needed). This IO module was already preinstalled with the robot and probably working in history (cabling is present and we want to reuse it). One module was probably taken out of the configuration during robot disassembly from the previous line. Cabling is ready and looks ok.

This IBS IP CDIO/R 24-12/4/8 module has:

• ID code: 03
    • Length code: 1
    • Input address area: 2 bytes (phys. 12 inputs)
    • Output address area: 2 bytes (phys. 4 outputs)
    • Parameter channel: 0 bytes
    • Register length (bus): 2 bytes

I would kindly ask you if you have some example of how to setup Interbus on KR C1 or some know-how instructions. What you have shared above was already helpful but I am still missing something.

Is it necessary to use a program tool to set up interbus or can it be done manually in iosys.ini and interbus.ini files on robot?

Similar thing works already works for me for devicenet with Beckhoff devicenet coupler and IOs without any tool (just setting files in init folder).

Thank you very much for help in advance BR

• Is it necessary to use a program tool to set up interbus or can it be done manually in iosys.ini and interbus.ini files on robot?

It depends on your task!

Using just the inifiles:

the interbus driver starts and reads the actual interbus configuration

(most of the time this is good enough)

Using svc files:

the svc file programs a little "plc program" on the interbus card, like

bit and/or byte swapping

deep interbus check (detected interbusmust look exactly as programmed)

changing order of interbus modules (e.g. 2 8-Bit inputs and 1 16-Bit input module programmed)

Worst case scenario:

do an undocumented combination of both.

My suggestion:

for simple application just use ini files

for more complex application the svc file (ini files are still needed) with a very good documentation,

otherwise you will make a lot of "friends"

• Think, even if you want to do it only with ini files, you have to delete the old configuration on the ibs card (if there is one) with the Phoenix cmd tool.

I didn't have to when I did it, but I'm not sure those robots had ever been set up using the IBS-CMD tool. I inherited them, so I'm not sure of their entire history, but I was able to make changes to the Interbus layout (adding and removing modules) using just in .INI files.

But that was in 1999, so....

• Think, even if you want to do it only with ini files, you have to delete the old configuration on the ibs card (if there is one) with the Phoenix cmd tool.

and you also have to reset the card.

The svc file is updating the plc program, not deleting!

With this I had a lot of fun in the past

Not Following the rules:

- do everything you can do to hide the changes

- never document what you have done

this is called "travel bit"

If a svc file was used and you have nothing to and want to spend your time for something:

- take the svc file

- take firmware version description (pdf or chm file)

and figure out what the svc file is actually doing.

If you are at customers site, not knowing what you should do => this is the perfect job for you

Advertising from our partners