Fanuc LR Mate 200ic Monitor function

• Good Morning Everybody,
    I need help with setting up a monitor function. I've spoken to tech support and checked out the manuals and I just keep getting the same error. It keeps telling me I cannot use this command in a motion group. I did what tech support told me and still the same thing. I have the function in my main routine which I recreated as I was told to and made sure to set my group mask to all asterisks. But still I get the same error. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    This robot is older too. It's running version 7.70P/14
    Thank you!

• The monitor program and action program that it calls must both have motion groups masked out.

Can you post the code for both programs, including the group mask?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Having trouble viewing the tp files. I converted .tp files to .txt using a program found on this forum. The only text inside the .txt to files is "/END". What am I doing wrong or not doing. Sorry... very new to this.

• Clicked "Select", highlights desired program, clicked "Save As(F4)", inserted usb, selected "UT1" as the To Device. Once the program saved I moved the usb to my pc. When I open the folder the filename that I saved is there. It is a .tp file that is jumbled when I open it in Notepad or Wordpad.

What am I doing wrong? I tried the copy command and it doesn't allow me to copy it to the usb, or at least it doesn't allow me to select a destination.

• Instructions to copy ASCII files (.ls) to a specified directory when ASCII backup option is not available:

Make a directory on MC, UD1, or UT1 that you want to backup the ASCII files to; either on a pc, or on the teach pendant.

Navigate to that directory through the file menu, if you created it on the teach pendant you'll already be there.

Once in the correct directory, from the file menu, use the Util (F5) option to switch to MD:

Use the arrow keys to highlight *LS

Use the next key to display the copy function, then press F2 to select "COPY".

The "To Device" will be highlighted, press F4 for choice, and then select MC, UD1, or UT1 as appropriate.

The "To Directory" should auto-fill with the correct directory.

Press F1 to "DO COPY".

Press F4 to "OVERWRITE"

Wait for the files to copy, when finished, the screen will return to directory listing screen. You can now remove you memory stick. I would recommend changing the device back to MC, UT1, or UD1 before doing so; this way no one can accidentally format MD: (not sure if this is possible, but if it is, I would think it would be pretty bad).

Regards,
    Phil

Edited once, last by pdl ().

• Not sure how old that robot is, but on any newer ones, if you plug in an ethernet cable and switch you can get everything from the Web server. Very fast and easy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by HawkME ().

• /PROG DEMO
    /ATTR
    OWNER = MNEDITOR;
    COMMENT = "";
    PROG_SIZE = 259;
    CREATE = DATE 17-02-24 TIME 10:26:28;
    MODIFIED = DATE 17-03-01 TIME 15:19:52;
    FILE_NAME = ;
    VERSION = 0;
    LINE_COUNT = 6;