Transferring Application from one robot to another

• Hello Robot Friends

I have a cell with 3 robots moving parts around a cell for a manufacturing process. I have now got this cell complete and am goig to set these 3 robots like those 3.

I want to transfer R1 --> new R1, R2 --> new R2, R3 --> new R3

Pretty sure CMOS.BIN is not the correct method so would like to know what files to load and what files are unique to a robot.

My intent is to move the system setup files, then the data files, then the program files. But any detailed info would be much appreciated.

My systems all make use of multiple tools, multiple frames so will want to load that data as well.

Thanks in advance

elvicash

• What controller?

Is the old R1 the same model as the new R1? Same between the R2s and R3s?

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Yes, these are all brand new DX200 robots R1 new and old are exactly the same the same for R2, R3

I would prefer to load this by the file rather than by CMOS.BIN just trying to understand all of the backup files and system files.

the cell the layout the PLCs and the robots are the same models.

I would like to move everything then do some touchups at the picks and places

would prefer to not reset all my interference zones etcs just load files and touchup.

thanks in advance

• Buyer beware, this list is probably incomplete, and possibly inaccurate in spots. Having said that, I've done this before, and here is what I did.

1) Make a backup of each robot--file backup, not binary.
    2) On the new robot, do any maintenance mode setup first--network I/O, allocating variable memory, etc.
    3) I would avoid loading any PRM files. If you have parameter changes, make them individually from the pendant.
    3) Load VARNAME.DAT, VAR.DAT, and IONAME.DAT. These are the data names, variable data, and I/O names, respectively.
    4) (Optional) Load CIOPRGM.LST. This is the concurrent ladder program, and only needs to be loaded if you made custom edits to it. Also note that the Yaskawa supplied ladder is different depending on the robot application (Handling, Arc, General Purpose, etc).
    5) Load TOOL.CND for tool setup, UFRAME.CND for user frames, CUBEINTF.CND for interference cubes, SHOCKLVL.CND for shock sensor settings, KEYALLOC.DAT for pendant key mappings. And no need to load them if you didn't change anything on the original.
    6) Finally, load all the JBI files, for jobs.

There are a few more .DAT files that may be okay to load, this is where my knowledge gets fuzzy though.

I would avoid loading the following files:

ABSO.DAT -- NO!! This is the second home position, and will be different from robot to robot, loading this to a new robot will have unpredictable and most likely bad results.
    HOME2.DAT -- probably OK, but better safe than sorry.
    *.PRM -- some might be okay, but parameter files are a cryptic read and in general I don't know what files contain what, and what might be specific to the robot it came from.

Also, note that depending on which controller you have, file names may not be exactly as I listed. I looked at a DX200 for reference, DX100 should be the same, but some NX100 files are named differently.

And, if your new robots are a newer controller version, the load may not work at all, especially for I/O, variables, concurrent ladder, and cubes. The memory size generally increases with every controller generation.

Hope this helps,
    Scott

• Thanks Scott I made backups and did some comparing here is my plan. Would like more info on these files but think I have a plan. If anyone wants to illuminate this topic with more info I would appreciate it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used WinDiff to compare files before I did my first transfer R1 --> New R1

these files I found identical on developed robot and the new/raw robot
    .\amc.prm identical
    .\ap.prm identical
    .\cio.prm identical
    .\eioalloc.dat identical
    .\fms.prm identical
    .\home2.dat identical
    .\ifpanel.dat identical
    .\iomname.dat identical
    .\iomsghst.dat identical
    .\keyalloc.dat identical
    .\mf.prm identical
    .\pmcond.cnd identical
    .\pmlog.dat identical
    .\pseudoin.dat identical
    .\rc.prm identical
    .\re.prm identical
    .\ro.prm identical
    .\sd.prm identical
    .\se.prm identical
    .\settm.dat identical
    .\shocklvl.cnd identical
    .\sv.prm identical
    .\svc.prm identical
    .\svm.prm identical
    .\svmon.dat identical
    .\svp.prm identical
    .\svs.prm identical
    .\tmvar.dat identical
    .\usermenu.dat identical
    .\uword.dat identical
    .\weav.cnd identical
    .\ysflogic.dat identical

---------------------------------------

these files had differences or might need to be loaded

.\abso.dat different
    .\all.prm different
    .\almhist.dat different
    .\cioprg.lst different
    .\cubeintf.cnd different
    .\encheat.dat different
    .\exioname.dat different
    .\fd.prm different
    .\ioname.dat different
    .\logdata.dat different
    .\opeorg.dat different
    .\panelbox.log different
    .\pmtmmng.dat different
    .\pmtrqdb.dat different
    .\rbstpfct.dat different
    .\rs.prm different
    .\sc.prm different
    .\system.sys different
    .\tmname.dat different
    .\tool.cnd different
    .\trqdat.dat different
    .\var.dat different
    .\varname.dat different

------------------------------------------------

So this is the order I will load them

First
    .\ioname.dat load
    .\varname.dat load
    .\var.dat load
    .\exioname.dat load

Second
    .\cioprg.lst load this mine is cusotmized

Third
    .\tool.cnd different
    .\cubeintf.cnd different
    .\uframe.cnd this was only in my app backup not in new robot backup

fourth
    Load *.JBI

Not sure
    .\fd.prm has a single small differece
    .\encheat.dat what is this file lots of difference very similiar LARGE numbers
    .\opeorg.dat not sure what this is for

.\rs.prm By hand RS59 = 2 allow over write of existing job
    .\sc.prm By Hand
    Teaching condition Tool No Switch permit
    set parameter S2C431 to 1
    set S2C700 to 2 allow editing of user frame on pendant

Will NOT load these files
    .\abso.dat WILL NOT LOAD
    .\all.prm WILL NOT LOAD
    .\almhist.dat WILL NOT LOAD
    .\logdata.dat not needed
    .\panelbox.log not needed
    .\pmtmmng.dat Not sure
    .\pmtrqdb.dat Not Sure
    .\rbstpfct.dat Not sure
    .\system.sys WILL NOT LOAD
    .\tmname.dat Not sure
    .\trqdat.dat Not sure

Set MASTER JOB test and touchup

I guess I am ready here goes.........

Edited once, last by elvicash ().

• I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Edited once, last by 95devils ().

• The only thing I would add to Tony and 95d's comments is that--I think--OPEORG.DAT stores the working home position. You may be able to load this file?

Oh, and if you haven't created any user frames, then the UFRAME.CND will not be created when you back up, so that's normal for your new, unmodified robots.

Scott

Advertising from our partners