RJ3ib Backup ASCII Issues

• Hi, New to the forum.

Been having alot of issues with backing up programs in a readable notepad using the RJ3ib (LS format).
    We have tried a few suggesstions from here and no avail.

First we tried the COPY TO function and this did not work, it simply gave us an LS formatted program but still came out unreadable format.

We tried the Print function, which works for one program but we have lots of programs? Is there something we are doing wrong?

Do we have to Copy from the MC (All Data Folder) to the MC (Text Folder)?

• Yes (I assume you meant MD: ). Do a copy of *.ls from the MD: drive to the MC: drive. That will give you every program ( and some error listings ) in ASCII format.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Thanks I tried USURP_RUR method from that post and it seemed to fail for us. It gave us an LS file but was not in its readable format ie. Was still in TP style, so thought I was going wrong somewhere.

I keep getting MD and MC mixed up, When we go under util we only see Memory Card (MC) what Is MD, apologies if this is a simple response, pretty new to the robot game.
    :merci:

• In the File Menu, press F5 [UTIL] and the set device to MD. Now when you go to COPY, MD will be your 'From' device. Highlight 'To', press F4 [CHOICE] and select MC. Press F1 'DO_COPY' and it should give you print versions. Before you remove the memory card, go back to [UTIL] and set device back to MC - you can't select MC if you don't have an MC in the slot. On some older robots, it's been my experience that it takes 2 attempts to set it back to MC.

• In the File Menu, press F5 [UTIL] and the set device to MD. Now when you go to COPY, MD will be your 'From' device. Highlight 'To', press F4 [CHOICE] and select MC. Press F1 'DO_COPY' and it should give you print versions. Before you remove the memory card, go back to [UTIL] and set device back to MC - you can't select MC if you don't have an MC in the slot. On some older robots, it's been my experience that it takes 2 attempts to set it back to MC.

Thanks. for some reason mine was not showing the "MD" I will double check this again when at the robot.

Advertising from our partners