Prepare the robot for repeat mode

• 1. **** Use dedicated output for automatic - set required conditions for this..............repeat/step cont, teach lock off, no error etc as a minimum.
    2. **** Use dedicated outputs for Motor, RGSO Cycle, Teach Mode etc, to PLC to monitor if the robot is currently running or not.
    3. **** PLC to send Motor Power and Cycle start signals IF no.1 condition is on (low to high detection - rising edge).
    4. **** Only allow Motor Power/Cycle Start from PLC IF IN REPEAT MODE AND AUTOMATIC SIGNAL ON.....I see this on a regular basis.........when you toggle between teach/repeat, repeat/teach mode......Motor power automatically turns on due to the PLC continuously sending the Motor Power signal......drives me nuts..............

Assuming you've just been in Teach Mode:

1. Everyone out of the area, safety gates closed and confirm robot is in a location that allows freedom to move to first commanded location - safest option in my opinion...irrespective of any auto recovery code written.
    2. Confirm conditions on Teach Pendant - Run>Hold, Teach>Repeat, Teach Lock>Off, Select correct Program, Step No. required and Monitor Speed.
    3. Set Repeat Conditions to send Automatic Output to PLC to begin program execution - which would just be Hold>Run...............

• Hello,

I was thinking at this:

IF SWITCH(RUN)==TRUE AND SWITCH(ERROR)==FALSE AND SWITCH(TEACH_LOCK)==FALSE AND SWITCH(REPEAT)==TRUE AND SWITCH(STP_ONCE)==FALSE AND SIG(2025)==FALSE THEN
    SIGNAL 2020
    ELSE
    SIGNAL -2020
    END

Signal 2025 is output signal dedicated for the emergency button.
    Signal 2020 is the status for the robot (ready or not for repeat mode).

I don't think there are many people that are checking for those conditions.

• Yep, what you wrote would certainly work - But there are many variations of evaluating SWITCHES and Conditions, and I would play around with them to see what methods you prefer.
    - TRUE and FALSE is also represented in the Controller as -1 (TRUE) and 0 (FALSE)
    - Also the 'SWITCH' is either ON of OFF......so an alternate method is to remove the TRUE/FALSE evaluations, and just evaluate the ON or NOT of the relative SWITCH instead - This will reduce the line character length.

eg.
    IF SWITCH(RUN) AND NOT SWITCH(ERROR) AND NOT SWITCH(TEACH_LOCK) AND SWITCH(REPEAT) AND NOT SWITCH(STP_ONCE) AND SIG(2025) THEN
    As opposed to:
    IF SWITCH(RUN)==TRUE AND SWITCH(ERROR)==FALSE AND SWITCH(TEACH_LOCK)==FALSE AND SWITCH(REPEAT)==TRUE AND SWITCH(STP_ONCE)==FALSE AND SIG(2025)==FALSE THEN

I like the fact that there are many options available, as opposed to not being available, so I would use what's available to reduce the amount of code you have to write to monitor for them.
    - Simplifies things when you want a PLC to control the initial power/execution sequences.
    - Coding them in is also beneficial, similar to what you wrote, so you can 'locally' reference them in order to produce messages/control local sequencing within the Robot.

• Hi guys,
    I use this old post for my questions:

I'm quite new on writing code for kawasaki robots and I'm just writing my first autostart.pc program.
    Now I don't understand how setting the 2xxx signal (internal signal) nor in which place I can find their meaning. In the example quoted those signal are "created" or they existed but hided inside somewhere :hmmm:

At the end I don't undertstand the internal signal WORLD!!! Maybe a lack of documentation

Thanks in advance

• An internal signal in Kawasaki is similar (not the same) to a flag/memory bit in a PLC.
    - Do not directly provide an output voltage, or require an input voltage.
    - Range between 2001-2255 as default and are freely usable (unless someone else has allocated them for other functions).
    - Internal signals use the same commands as Inputs and Outputs......so could be utilised as internal in's and internal out's.
    - You could then write programs to monitor/control them.

A simple example would be:
    - Set a dedicated output (Aux 0602) for Signal 2001 for Teach Mode.
    - Set a lamp on the Interface Panel (Aux 0509) for Signal 2001 and label it Teach Mode.
    - Without any code, the lamp will turn on when the key switch is set to Teach and turn off when the key switch is set to Repeat.

Result: Using the Internal Signal and Dedicated function to indicate on the Interface Panel if the Controller is in Teach Mode.

Advertising from our partners