Enabling hand-guiding on the KUKA iiwa without the hand-guiding flange.

• I'm trying to use hand-guiding on a KUKA iiwa R820 with the "Medien-Flansch IO pneumatisch" installed like a few other posts today. Ive read those posts but am having some difficulties in setting up.

I will connect an enabling switch Input CIB_SR.5 on the X11 to enable hand-guiding and then call "robot.move(handGuiding());" to enable the hand guiding mode. I have imported "import static com.kuka.roboticsAPI.motionModel.MMCMotions.*;" into my code. Is this method correct and is there further code needed?

I have a couple of questions regarding setting up this system. In all of the reference material I have found online and in the documentation it requires me to set an ESM with a line "Hand guiding device enabling inactive" however I cannot find this in the list of AMF options. Perhaps I am simply missing it, or I have neglected some steps to make it appear. Some help here would be appreciated.

:help:

I have imported "import static com.kuka.roboticsAPI.motionModel.MMCMotions.*;"

This class is depricated (I assume you're on v 1.10 or 1.11), use this one instead:

Code
    import com.kuka.roboticsAPI.motionModel.HandGuidingMotion;

however I cannot find this in the list of AMF options

Can you attach a screenShot?

Perhaps I am simply missing it, or I have neglected some steps to make it appear. Some help here would be appreciated.

Have you installed the "Human Robot Collaboration" software option in your "StationSetup.cat"? (Find it in "StationSetup.cat"--> "Software" Tab )

• Thanks for the reply.

I have changed the import to the one you suggested.

I have attached a screenshot of my station software config and also my ESM tab with the options.

I'm very new to these arms and learning on the fly so my questions may be somewhat newbie! I really appreciate all the help though.

I have attached a screenshot of my station software config and also my ESM tab with the options

I think you need to install the HRC (Human Robot Collaboration) software package to SunriseWorkBench. It's provided with SunriseWorkBench (In the same folder) when you buy/lease the robot. Here's the path SunriseWorkBench_1.xx\Workbench\options. You'll find .zip packages. If you have them and don't know how to install them:
    1- Select the menu Help --> Install new software, and The Install window is opened.
    2. To the right of the Work with box, click on Add. The Add repository window is opened.
    3. Click on Archive and navigate to the installation file. Then it's straight forward.
    4. Once done, install the new configuration
    5. restart
    6. synchronize the project
    7. Change safety config and restart

I'm very new to these arms and learning on the fly so my questions may be somewhat newbie! I really appreciate all the help though.

Don't worry, I've been there. :icon_smile:

• Ill get an email sent off to them this afternoon. I assume there is no charge for these packages?

My cabinet is running version 1.9.1.7. I assume this is correct?

• No charge, correct. I am running 1.9.1.7 as well, so everything seems to check out.

College student currently in undergraduate program in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science working internship with a KUKA LBR iiwa R800 7kg Robot.  I'm still learning the basics, but I hope to master the techniques necessary to operate and understand this robot during my time in University!

My cabinet is running version 1.9.1.7. I assume this is correct?

You're good.
    Just be sure to request the workbench version according to your OS, 'cause I had issues when I used Workbench 1.9 on SunriseOS 1.11 and vise versa.

• So we had a visit from the technicians at KUKA today and they were extremely helpful! They have upgraded all of our controllers to 1.11 and provided us with sunrise workbench 1.11 and all the optional packages too. The robots are now far more interesting with the HRC package and can actually be set up to collision detect. It was a real 'Doh!' moment realising we were missing such a huge part of the software!

They also provided us with their demo software which they use at events so we have some neat demos to run too.

All in all things are heading in the right direction, thanks for the help. Im sure ill be back with more questions!

Advertising from our partners