KCP blank

• Hi,
    We have a Kuka robot with KRC2 controller.
    We had a strange problem in which KCP get totally blank showing no display.
    the PC is working .LEDs are blinking,PC cabinet fan is working CD ROM is working.
    Then we replaced the MFC card.Display comes back and then after few days same problem occured and now there is no display.

can someone help me in this.

Rupy

• Connect an external monitor to see if the graphic card is providing anything. Next check if your keys work (CAN Bus KCP). Check the connection from the graphic card down to the KCP connector. Check the safety functions of the KCP (e-stop, Drives On etc). Narrow it down to the root cause. Let me know what you found...

• Hi,

I connected the external Monitor to the VGA card.It is showing the display.
    I checked the T1/T2 key they are also working.
    Emergency is also working.

we then swaped with other working KCP but in this robot that one is also not working.So,I am sure that KCP is not at fault.

What other things to check.

Rupy

• Then we replaced the MFC card.Display comes back and then after few days same problem occured and now there is no display.

When you replaced MFC card, your system gave display, what happened then?
    have you checked your MFC again? or mother board?

Also check KCP connection inside panel, may be some issue with wiring.

Edited once, last by Love Bird ().

• Hm. I would suggest (VERY CREAFULLY) removing the various PCI/ISA cards from the motherboard, and re-seating them. Make certain each card goes back into the slot it came from! On rare occasions, the connections to the motherboard slot can become loose or suffer some oxidation.

The fact that the external monitor works suggests that the issue is not in the MFC card or KVGA card. If re-seating the cards does not work, then the next item to examine is the wiring from the KVGA card to the KCP socket in the lower bulkhead.

Another item: when the KCP is blank, examine if very closely. Try shining a bright light on it. It may be possible that the LCD is trying to display the correct VGA signal, but the backlight is not functioning. If this is the case, the issue is not in the video, but in the power supply to the KCP backlight. That's another item worth checking.

Advertising from our partners