Setting up VNC on KRC2

• Hi All,

Please help me with the step by step procedure to setup VNC on a KRC2 controller. I setup VNC several times on KRC4 controller but never got a chance to do it on KRC2. It looks like I am going to perform it on one of the KRC2 controllers at the customer site soon.

Thanks

• If anything, it's easier on the KRC2. Simply install it and go through the VNC config menu. There's nothing in the KSS that needs to be modified.

You'll want to use the "rescale screen" option to get the most benefit, but that'll normally be on the VNC client side.

• Ok great. I will give it a try.

I have another question. How should I assign IP address to the network card? I would like to configure the addresses in the subnet which we use to access other devices.

Thanks

Edited once, last by RS ().

• Windows XP Control Panel, Network Settings. There should be two network interfaces available.

DO NOT EVER TAMPER WITH THE ONE NAMED VxWIN RTACC Shared Memory Network Driver, or anything similar. This is the "virtual" interface that connects the two halves of the robot's brain (Windows and VxWorks), and tampering with it will prevent the robot from booting properly. If you have any doubts, this is the interface that is set to Static IP 192.0.1.2.

The other network interface will be either the MFC network port (pre-2005 KRC2) or the motherboard port (ed2005 KRC2). Either way, that interface is "owned" by the Windows side of the robot's brain, and you can do just about anything you like with it, without threatening the robot's normal operation.

• It doesn't really matter which VNC server you use on the KRC - unless it's been heavily upgraded(or is KRC4), it will still peg the CPU to 100% when it's encoding a lot of images.
    Make sure to use the tile block option, so that it doesn't send every single frame, but only sends updates.

• I had facing a problem get the remote after installed the tight VNC in the KRC2 with KSS 5.4.14.

I had connected the network with a switch and setting the IP address as attached picture.

Anyone who get this works before could please give me some advise on this?

let me know if you need more info.

• installing software on KRC2, assigning IP address and connecting KRC2 to an Ethernet switch are all required steps.... but they are not all of the steps, that is only one side.... you also need to connect your computer to same switch, use matching network settings, install software etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes, I did all the steps as below:

1. Installed the tight vnc software on KRC2

2. assigned IP address as I post previously 192.168.10.1

3. Running the vnc software on KRC2 as server

4. connected KRC2 to an Ethernet switch

5. Installed the tight vnc software on PC

6. assigned IP address 192.168.10.3 on PC

7. connected PC to same Ethernet switch

8. Running the vnc software on PC as viewer

9. Input the KRC2 IP address and start connect with viewer

At the end the vnc viewer showing error failed to connect