LBR udp coms

• Hello all,
    I'm currently trying to setup a udp link to export lots of data to a pc.

I have got all of the relevant code I believe, but for some reason I'm not getting any data through.

Does this information get passed through the same ethernet port as the one the pc uses for upload and download of Sunrise projects?

Many Thanks

• Can you, please, elaborate? It's too vague, that nobody can answer.

I'm currently trying to setup a udp link to export lots of data to a pc.

What kind of data? A data already existing on the robot Hard drive or Data sent by a java program via UDP packets?

I have got all of the relevant code I believe, but for some reason I'm not getting any data through.

Are you sure about the IP addresses /Subnet masks (Robot IP @ is 172.31.1.147 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0 by default and you should use soemthing like and 172.31.150/255.255.0.0 on your PC) and ports in the range 30000/30010.

Does this information get passed through the same ethernet port as the one the pc uses for upload and download of Sunrise projects?

Yes. It uses the same X66 port.

• Thanks Kiiwa,
    Yes I can elaborate, and to a degree, answer my own question -I am using the Kuka Line Interface (KLI) which from reading on an earlier post in this forum is correct.
    What kind of data?
    "1234567890" but in future I want robot /joint centric data.
    ........Ah Ha - my port number is 8888.... that might explain why I'm getting no coms.
    Thanks Iiwa I will go and test with a much higher port number.
    Best regards

• I am using the Kuka Line Interface (KLI) which from reading on an earlier post in this forum is correct.

You're good. KLI (or X66) is KUKA Line Interface. A connection to higher-level control infrastructure (PC, PLC, archiving, etc.).

my port number is 8888.

Naah, man, this won't work. Check out the documentation, here's what it says in chapter 15:

15.5 Network communication via UDP and TCP/IP
    Certain ports are enabled on the robot controller for communication with external devices via UDP or TCP/IP.
    The following port numbers (client or server socket) can be used in a robot application:
    30,000 to 30,010

Change your ports and you're good to go. If the Program works on your PC, it will work on the robot. And you'd be able to send whatever data you want.

• Good!

I know, it sucks to go through all the 500 pages, but you're not supposed to read it all at once. Go directly to the chapter you need. Use also the JavaDoc provided when you're in Sunrise Workbench.

• In the manual PDF, just do a CTRL + F, then search for what you need. Works for me 90% of the time.

College student currently in undergraduate program in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science working internship with a KUKA LBR iiwa R800 7kg Robot.  I'm still learning the basics, but I hope to master the techniques necessary to operate and understand this robot during my time in University!

Advertising from our partners