Wireless control

• Hello,

I am quite a beginner so maybe it is obviously stupid, sorry for that. It seems you can control Universal Robots remotely using a computer and some Python, being connected through Ethernet cable. Is there any way to do it wireless ?

Thank you.

• If the robot is connected to a network, it does not matter if you are controlling the bot via a hard wired or wireless device.

You will need to look up the Dashboard Interface, which can be used to send basic commands (play, stop, pause, etc) and script commands (any bit of code that the robot can execute, like movements etc). It's completely possible in Python as well as pretty much any other language, as the protocol is just a plain vanilla text TCP socket.

• Thank you.
    So as long as I know its ip:port/subnetmask and setup my other device properly, I can reach the robot to get data from it and send commands ?
    Is there any way to connect URRobots to network through wifi ?

Thanks again.

Edited once, last by r00t8 ().

• That's correct.

The robots cannot connect to wifi directly... but you could plug it in to a wireless router or something, sure.

• r00t8 we built a cloud based app that allows you to control and monitor UR over the web. It's called Tend and you can find more information on the website: https://tend.ai.

You can see a demo at the Manufacturing & Technology conference next week in Cleveland. Tend will be in the UR booth showing it off.

<disclaimer> I am one of the co-founders of Tend.

Advertising from our partners