C Series - Error 1337

• More info to come.

The short story is my robot and C series controller has decided yet again to throw the error 1337 Two MC lines are not consistent.

Last time my robot did this it went away with no explanation.

Now today after a week of running it decided to stop halfway through a run and throw this error with no apparent explanation.

I have done a lot of trouble shooting on the controller, I will post the details tomorrow.

• I would try and isolate the Controller from ALL external safety monitoring devices on TB2.
    - Therefore eliminating if its externally related or not.
    - It does sound electromechanical to me, either external, or internal.......

Any chance you can monitor TB2 safety circuits with 2 DVM's or those little cheap storage oscilloscopes to see if there's any delay in both channels coming in or a moment where one channel flickers on/off/on?

• So, I unhooked the TB2 safety circuits today and jumpered them.

Still throwing the error.

The safety/alarm circuit appears to be fine, in fact there doesn't seem to be any reason for this error to be occurring. :wallbash::mad:

I'm currently trying to figure out what and where is actually monitoring the circuits that's throwing this error? or in other words

Error 1337 states: A problem has been detected with the MC lines controlling the K1/K2 contactors.

What I cant figure out is, what is "detecting" the "problem"?

I forgot to add, my robot runs in teach mode, but as soon as the robot is switched to repeat it throws this error, before the motor power can be turned on.

Edited once, last by Lantz ().

• There is something in the back of my mind about a 'setting' regarding Emergency Stop improvement/response located in the maintenance function options somewhere......
    - You will know the history of the software AS/SV/TP whether this has been changed at all recently, as for it to suddenly cause issues........worth checking may be.

As for how this is 'detected'.....lets see if we can follow back from K1 and K2 Control....see if anything jumps out.

The 1HY board ultimately 'controls' K1 or K2 activation.
    - Teach Mode uses CR3 and CR4 for K2 Control.
    - Repeat Mode uses CR2 and CR3 for K1 Control.
    ( I think I have this the right way round from the circuit).

Since CR3 is working in Teach......fair to say, CR2 is not triggering - looks like this feeds CR3 with 24V directly to the coil on K1.
    - Is CR1 on the 1HY indicating the Emergency Stop Condition when in error in Repeat Mode and indicating its ok during Teach.
    - ALL CR's signals are coming from 1HP via CN3.
    - Specifically CR2 coil supply is coming from CN3 pin5 and the 0V to that is on 1HP CN3 pin20 (which is also shared with CR1 and CR4)
    - Hmmmmm.......what about free wheeling diodes on the 1HY 'breaking down' on CR2......got a spare 1HY to try? or even the supply coming from the AVR.....got a spare one these to try?

- CR2 and CR3 are controlled via RY4 contacts on 1HP, both RY4 contacts sit in the 2 channels of the Emergency Stop 24V and 0V circuits which go via all E/stops, LS lines (and umbilicals to Arm), TB2 Links.

So could be fair to say that either:
    - RY4 contacts resistive (but you have changed 1HP - so can rule that out).
    - Breakdown/intermittent contact in the 24V or 0V dual channel circuit. - ie a TRUE loss (would expect to see this in Teach Mode also, but looking at RY3 contact, this goes to 24V only and not 0V....strange)
    - Looking at it RY3 and RY4 Relays are being controlled directly from Emergency Stop circuit - I'm pretty sure the 2 relays shown on the attached image are RY3 and RY4 coils.
    - Defo look into the 0V Channel of the E/Stop circuit.

• Hello,

I have a kawasaki robot model UX120 controlled with controller C42F-A002. On start up I have solved the issue of the interbus as this error is no longer coming up on screen. I have error 1337 relating two 2MC lines not being consistent and error 1334 servo control line error. I have the manuals for the alarm circuitry, however any other manuals which can help are appreciated. I am not sure from where I should start debugging. Any starting point help is appreciated to.

DS

• One of the errors maybe the result of the other error.

1334 relates to brake release signal from AS software from 1HA to 1HP board to 1GB.

You can confirm manual brake release function by using buttons inside Controller.

*** Use brace or hoist to prevent major joints from collapsing***

This will confirm brake operation is working from 1GB board.

1337 relates to either of the dual channel safety circuits in mismatch condition.

Kawasaki safety circuit is outlined in alarm circuitry in manual to troubleshoot and is very substantial.

External Safety inputs to TB2.

Emergency Stop buttons on TP and Controller.

TP Cable.

Teach/Repeat Switch on Controller.

Limit switches on Robot Arm (which often are overlooked).

1HP Board.

1HY Board.

1GB Board.

Harnessing between 1HP and 1GB.

Robot motion is achieved in simple terms of:

K1 and K2 Contactors energising (one then the other)

K3 Contactor then energises.

Have you checked obvious supply voltages and internal MCB trip condition - clean out and cycle these.

Can you achieve motor power (orange light on and stable)?

Do any contactors try and energise in repeat or teach modes?

Do you have small relay located on left side of TB2 Terminal Strip?

• Thanks for kind information.

The motor power light is achieved but when I press the deadman switch immediately error about the MC lines is displayed. I am able to reset it and the error clears. if I try again the same thing happens. On the left hand side of TB2 I have no relays. (see Photo) K1 and K2 are energized when motor is on only or when the robot is activated to work?

• Under normal circumstances in teach mode when you have set:

- hold run switch to run

- motor power light is on

- press deadmans

- K1 and K2 energise followed by K3 approx 0.5s later.

You need to check ALL safety circuits as explained.

As this is ex jag, I would definitely check the UX arm limit switches and 1FG board to make sure all correct.

Also make note of 1HY board relay led indicators and reference manual for status of these.

Check 1HP board and fitted fuses.

Do not assume that all E stops are working, teach/repeat switch is working - always measure.

Do not assume cables are all correct, could be break somewhere - always check.

This type of fault (as you can see from following circuits) could take time to locate, if you have spare boards then easy to confirm by swapping them.

Advertising from our partners