Automatic Payload Calculation

• Good night,

I have an application with an R2000 IB / 125 L robot and R30IA controller.

Of the tool I'm going to use I only know the weight. Does this controller have any tools for automatically calculating moments of inertia and mass centers?

Best Regards
    Diogo Pinho

• Yes. I think your system has this capability. In MENU- SYSTEM- Motion, look to see if you have a soft function
    F-key that says IDENT

If so, you can do an automatic Payload estimation. It is especially helpful that you already know the total mass of the End Effector.

It would also be helpful to know the masses of any other devices bolted on to the lower link arm and/or the upper link arm (aside from the end-effector mounted at the faceplate.) This would be set up with the soft F-key ARMLOAD

To make it work properly, you will need to do an "Empty Arm Calibration," which basically means to do the procedure first without anything attached to the faceplate or the Upper Link Arm. Check in the window to see if the Empty Arm Calibration is already done.

The Empty Arm Cal (no tool), and the Automatic Payload Estimation (tool installed) should both be done at
    full 100% speed. In the Automatic Payload Estimation part, limits may need to be set on axes J5 and J6 to keep the Tool from crashing into the robot body. Don't forget to enter in the total mass of the Tool, since you know that information.

• I have already placed the tool in the robot and it is very difficult to remove.

What could cause the payload to be poorly computed?

• Changes to any used Payload schedule will make already existing taught paths interpolate differently, so always test slow in T1 mode after Payload changes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have the Motion Package or more specifically the Constant Path option this would NOT be the case as the interpolation remains constant regardless of speed.

• I have already placed the tool in the robot and it is very difficult to remove.

What could cause the payload to be poorly computed?

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question:
    When the Fanuc robot arrives in the crate, all 10 available Payload schedules are defaulted to that robot manipulator's maximum capability, but with no moments of inertia specified.
    These are 2 examples of how the Payload might be poorly computed.

The manufacturer of the robot does not know what you might attach to the faceplate at Axis 6.
    Again, forgive me if I have misunderstood your question.

• need to calculate the pay load for a fanuc i270f robot. Can I find a program, a chart, excel sheet for calculation?

can somebody help me, please?

• I would like to run payload identification, but I have fairly large effector and very small cell. It can be executed only in AUTO, but I want to test it in T1 first with limited speed, since I don't know what kind of motions I can expect. Is that possible?

• I would like to run payload identification, but I have fairly large effector and very small cell. It can be executed only in AUTO, but I want to test it in T1 first with limited speed, since I don't know what kind of motions I can expect. Is that possible?

You can use the "move to" function under detail to move between position 1 and position 2.

Or you can just write a single program with two points exactly the same as in payload ident and run it.

To the payload identification be sure you don't use the "ESTIMATION BY 3 MOTIONS", because robot moves a little bit differently :smiling_face:

And one more important thing - don't use "mass unknown" - just write the proper mass and then run identification - otherwise it doesn't work properly.

Advertising from our partners