Collision detecttion Fanuc R30-iB

• Hi, I'm new here. I'm working with Fanuc 0IB R-30iB controler. I have to check how collision detection function works. I've read the instruction and iI set min, max , and allowed level of torque (A). I want to know if it works for joint and automation program ? How to set this value correctly ? Do you think it's a good option or maybe it's useless ?
    Help me please :smiling_face: :icon_frown:

• The allowed level of torque is automatically calculated according to the payload. To get the best results, a very accurate payload is needed. When set correctly, Collison guard works very well. It is definitely not useless, unless you don't take the time to properly implement it.

• THX :smiling_face: I've to check sensitivity of this collision guard on this small robot without tool. Is it possibile ? If i've got this collision system i don't need any external sesnors like CAT2 etc. To correctly detect collisions with other objects ? It's my diploma project and my university hasn't bought the tool yet.
    I'm wondering if this system doesn't diminish the dynamics of the robot.

• If you purchase the robot with the collision guard option, you don't need any external sensors or tools to use it. It calculates based off the amps going to each servo motor and compensates based on your payload settings.

All you need to do is set an accurate payload definition and adjust the sensitivity %.

By testing it I assume you are going to purposefully crash the robot. Doing this too much or at too high of speed can damage the robot.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by HawkME ().

• One thing a lot of people forget to do is to make sure your center of gravity calculations are correct also. Meaning if your load isn't centered, you will need to enter those values in as well. This way the robot knows your weight is off center and can calculate that as well. You may need to adjust the Payload center X, Y, and Z. Also Payload Inertia X,Y,Z as the tool moves.

• Disturbance Torque (Allowed min. /max level of torque) is connected with collision guard ? Can i use this function without tool ?

Running without a tool means effectively having a payload of 0, and yes it will still work. Disturbance torque is related to collision guard, if you adjust your collision guard you will see the max values of the disturbance torque will change also. From your posts it sounds like you plan to hit something, is that correct? What exactly are you hitting?

Edited once, last by K-Sky ().

• Yes, i have to check how it works. I thought that i can try to lift something like 3 kg mass. I don't know how exactly i can check it. I'm afraid of destroying the servo motor so I thought about using the newtonometer on the spring :smiling_face: But there is also a problem how to count a torque on the ARM ?

• I've tried to check how collision guard works but for me it doesn't work properly.
    When i set sensitivity 150% it detect collision for joint but for 200% sensitifity no.
    If i don't have a tool i should set payload 0 kg ?
    :help:

• I also am having the same kind of trouble. I'm thinking it should work to the degree that one could strike the robot with your hand and set off the alarm. One would then reduce the sensitivity on high speed air cuts to prevent the motion itself to set it off. Is this unreasonable to assume? will it work like that if its set up correct?

At this time it doesn't work like that. I cant get consistent results from it. Jarekgolos and I could be missing the same understanding or knowledge :hi-bye:.

Do robots dream?

Advertising from our partners