PalletTech program

• hello all, I am wondering about the PalletTech program, is this an additional purchase or can I create one ?
    thanks all and have a great new year
    john

• PalletTech is Kuka product (yes, this is a paid option and it also requires editor - another paid option).

alternatively you can create your own...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for your reply, I am learning to program this robot by reading Kuka manuals and am attempting to self-teach myself, So any and all help Is very much appreciated. How would one go about creating such a program.
    Thank You
    John

• that depends on what works for you...

i would start with basic legwork - planing:

a) talk to all parties and determine specs (number of "stations" robot must serve, product varieties, layer patterns etc.)
    b) select robot (reach, cycle-time and load study,...)
    c) determine safety requirements
    d) determine user interaction requirements

proper robot commissioning should be the next step:

a) make schematics (someone will need to troubleshoot this some day)
    b) do proper power-up and safety configuration
    c) robot setup (tools, bases, loads, I/O or fieldbus configuration, naming signals etc.)
    d) wire everything (part present sensor, pallet present, any buttons and interlocks, EOAT)
    e) setup workspaces, exclusion zones, etc (in case something goes wrong, we don't want to crash) etc.

when all of the above is done, i would start thinking about programming:

a) talk to all parties and determine specs (number of "stations" robot must serve, product varieties, layer patterns etc.)
    b) define data structures (enum, struc,...) and initialize them (some data must be retentive but most will be recalculated each time)
    c) write subs (determine priorities, check if ok to continue, pick from "A", place on "B", log data, send notificaitons ... )
    d) decide on process workflow (how to start, stop, pause, resume, what are interactions with operator, how to display messages and prompts, any recovery modes, etc)
    e) write main program (actually use all above)
    f) test...

many things can be added (or removed) based on your application needs.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you, all of the above mentioned has been completed, we just decided to use the kuka, verses a standard pick and place due to geometry of parts, and our kuka guy quit. So I am determined to make this happen, So I can further myself in my career. so I just need a starting point on how to program multiple pics and drops without a mile of script in one program. So any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    John

• You'll want to read the section of the manual on how Base frames work in detail.

For a VERY bare-bones example, you can do this:

That will give you the very barest bones of a simple 3D palletizing pattern, controlled by the Increment and Total values.
    (/SRC File)

Advertising from our partners