RPS End OX Output

• pg1() is main program and judgement sub_routine via BITS signals. and teach by AS Language.

so, when finished 1 cycle, last instruction define by "Block" instruction.

because Running mode depend on RPS System. (Reference Request from Maintenance team)

I'm asked Kawasaki office in Korea. but they are said "Not exist RPS End AS_Language instruction"

and, we received some sample program from other factory, that robot same depend on RPS System.

RPS End? Still use Block instruction.

I'm detailed look out AS_Language manual 3 times. I can't find out...

so, Question. How can I set "RPS End output" without Block instruction?

ABB, FANUC, Hyundai, Kawasaki

• I agree with Kawasaki Korea, there is no RPS END in AS Command.
    - So you will not find RPS END in AS Manual.
    - It is intended only for BLOCK instruction
    - You will find reference to RPS in Operations Manual - not AS Manual.

RPS is for Random Program Selection, by allowing external input signal to JUMP/END between programs - only for BLOCK.
    - Is set up in dedicated input signals sections.

However, RPS Mode exist as SYSTEM SWITCH and can be turned on or off via AS Command, either in program, terminal or via Teach Pendant
    RPS ON
    RPS OFF
    - This has no effect when reading BITS for program selection I think.

But I do not understand fully what you are asking?

• no RPS End as Command... ok.

Almost process is Simply handling.

registration some OX Signal Control Clamp & Unclamp Gripper for teaching efficiency. (Assign CL1 & CL2 button)

I'm inserted some Logic for Tool status check.

When a Clamp or Work_Detect status(WX Signals), Set Fault OX Signal and solve request display Message(PRINT 2: command) for Operator.

And Gripper with work piece., I test that Logic. but, Accident happen.

because FWD last BLOCK line.... Gripper status Returned ! so, Work piece has dropped. BOOM~!

we just Remove CL1 & CL2 Gripper control signal.

So I just ask RPS End command without Block Instruction.

Edited once, last by Robtics ().

• It is difficult to speculate occurrence without actual data.

But sounds like you are mixing AS and BLOCK.......so I must ask why are you doing this?
    - Is this a customer specification, or are you modifying existing code.
    - Ie introducing AS modification in a BLOCK structured specification, or writing new installation with AS and BLOCK.

There is no problem with mixing AS and BLOCK, but BLOCK has specific functions which are not as clear as a CLI program structure such as AS.

If introducing BLOCK commands, you need to realise there is no command to turn off signals (ie no SIGNAL -10) etc.
    So when you using a BLOCK command, unless set in a BLOCK step to turn signals on......those signals will actually turn off.
    There are also system switches that effect BLOCK and not AS such as OX.PREOUT, QTOOL and other switches.
    Mixing AS and BLOCK structures, you need to be very conversant with the different programming, structure and operation as they do have differences.

However, without any reference to actual data, it is difficult to understand whether there is a legitimate fault, or possible coding structure issue, could you provide code example of structure where problem occurred?

• ;
    ;
    ;
    quit:
    HOME
    CALL prfb_reset
    ;
    JOINT SPEED9 ACCU1 TIMER0 TOOL1 WORK0 END CLAMP OX= WX= #[0.00099311,-35.002,4.994,89.997,0,0] ;
    .END

This is part of PG1() Program.

that Joint data as same "HOME" position. Use for RPS End.

I didn't assign OX signal. but, robot reached that position, Assigned CL1 to be Return (Unclamp).

Hyundai Robot has "Program End command (alike RPS End)".
    so, I think KAWASAKI has that instruction. but, not exist.

Operator said, too difficult Control Solenoid valve signal via "A + On or Off" in I/O Monitor .
    so, we assign CL1 and CL2 button for Gripper control, and test some logic.

but, we decide can't use CL1 or CL2 OX assign.

because automatically Gripper open when reach that "Block" instruction.

I'll post my program and I/O List.

and, so sorry my english grammar or words or .... too difficult say my experience and think :wallbash:

and, so sorry my english grammar or words or .... too difficult say my experience and think :wallbash:

- No need to apologise, as long as we can talk in 'robot' that is common language for forums....... :cheer:

I have no experience with Hyundai, so there maybe similar operations, but I expect program execution, command structure will differ in places.
    I do not know why you are controlling gripper using AS.........but then wish to add single BLOCK instruction...... ??? ???
    However, this can be done but you need understand how BLOCK (BLOCK and CLAMPS is explained in Operations Manual) differ from AS....

When setting Clamps you need to set in AUX 0605 - Clamp Specification
    - Application Field
    - Handling Clamp Specification

This enables 3 things:
    - Allow to use CL1 and CL2, CLn buttons for Teach Pendant Manual Control in Teach Mode ONLY.
    - Enable CLAMP functionality in BLOCK instruction which can execute in REPEAT AND TEACH MODE.
    - Enable OPEN, OPENI, CLOSE, CLOSEI, RELAXI to be used in AS which can execute in REPEAT AND TEACH MODE

BLOCK step instruction has CLAMP function included for use in step as default, so when you setup in AUX function above.....BLOCK instruction execute CLAMP part of BLOCK instruction.

JOINT SPEED9 ACCU1 TIMER0 TOOL1 WORK0 END CLAMP OX= WX= #[0.00099311,-35.002,4.994,89.997,0,0] ;

So unless CLAMP 1 CLAMP 2 is taught as ON in BLOCK instruction, then clamps will be off........So I can see why grippers open because of BLOCK instruction.

So in order for CLAMP1 and CLAMP2 to remain on, you need to teach BLOCK instruction with CLAMP 1 and CLAMP 2 on, that way clamp signals remain on.
    - So move to BLOCK step in CHECK.
    - Activate CL1 and CL2 - you will see no.1 and no.2 appear under CLAMP (this indicates CLAMP 1 and CLAMP 2 are ON) - But this will also 'live' trigger gripper in TEACH MODE - so be careful of accidently dropping part.
    - So example of your BLOCK instruction with CLAMP1 and CLAMP2 ON below when AUX 0605 conditions set:

JOINT SPEED9 ACCU1 TIMER0 TOOL1 WORK0 CLAMP1 (ON,0,0,O) 2 (ON,0,0,O) OX= WX= #[0.00099311,-35.002,4.994,89.997,0,0] ;

You could replace your BLOCK instruction simply with:
    SPEED 9
    ACCURACY 1
    JMOVE #PPOINT (0.000,-35.002,4.994,89.997)
    - This would not change condition of gripper signals.......just move to location instead......and maybe more simpler for you to use instead.

I hope this helps............but if you do continue to use BLOCK, I recommend reading Operations Manual for CLAMP control.......

• thats right. I'm never use Block instruction.

My first time robot is ABB.
    I'm be used Character type(named) position.
    so, almost program concept alike ABB robot.

I'm try Persuade Mechanic vendor. Without use RPS System.
    But, Maintenance team didn't accept our suggest.

Wanna keep AS Language style and Must depend RPS...
    Finally insert BLOCK only end of step for "RPS End"

OPEN and CLOSE is very simply and very useful.
    but, they are didn't like.

because current operator or Maintenance person be used FANUC robots I/O Comment.
    they are said, "Why I can't see Output signal in T/P Program?"

so, we created independent Gripper Program, and attach remarks right side when after SIGNAL instruction's value.

I'm many times consider use OPEN, OPENI, CLOSE, CLOSEI instruction.
    but, that instruction only control OX Signal. Didn't apply Wait(sec) or WX Sensor until OPEN or CLOSE operation.

Current robot working fine.

we'll use BLOCK command for RPS End. also without AUX 0605 function.
    maybe when remodeling work, assign CL1 or CL2 until end of teach.

thanks a lot of suggest this topic. :yesyesyes:

• In that case if BLOCK is necessary from customer study in Operations Manual something called CLAMP CONDITION.
    - This is condition that you can activate when turn CLAMP ON and CLAMP OFF.
    - You can set CLAMP CONDITION 1 - 9.
    - When CLAMP turned on/off in BLOCK instruction - you can set Clamp condition to call subroutine.
    - Subroutine has to be named in format of pg'no.'

In BLOCK instruction as below:

JOINT SPEED9 ACCU1 TIMER0 TOOL1 WORK0 CLAMP1 (ON,0,0,O) 2 (ON,0,0,O) OX= WX= #[0.00099311,-35.002,4.994,89.997,0,0] ;

- Extra parameter inside CLAMP parentheses allow clamp condition set (also button on Teach Pendant 'CC' is for clamp condition).
    - Again, in Operations Manual, this function explained for Clamp Condition configurations.
    - The Clamp Condition subroutines can be written in AS to turn on/off gripper signal, wait commands, delays, print messages etc, so can be very flexible to use as alternative gripper control/monitoring.

Hope this helps.............

Advertising from our partners