TP reset button to D0 for fault reset.

• dose anyone know of a way to map the TP reset button to any DO? or how to monitor that it has been pressed.

sure it will fault reset the robot, but not send a signal to a plc to reset other faults, in this case an area scanner.

• Havent't found a way to do it yet, but it is possible to write some code in the PLC to reset all the components if there is a negative edge of the Fault UO.
    This could also work with the scanner if you use it with the DCS Speed Check (R-30iA/B). If the scanner's fault state is somehow connected with the robot's E-Stop or Fence, this won't work though, because the robot's fault state won't be released...

dose anyone know of a way to map the TP reset button to any DO? or how to monitor that it has been pressed.

If you have access to Karel, you can monitor for the occurence of TPIN[153] wich is the Reset key on the TP.

• I took the document from the Karel reference manual in Roboguide and it says that TPIN[153] is the Reset key. TPIN[145] should be the EDIT key. I double check with 2 other manual i got and they all agrees on that.

Wich manual do you got and what version ?

• I like the DCS idea.

Currently I was just using the scanner to drop my standard over ride down to 10% in the warning zone then external estop in critical zone.

For now I just mapped jog button J8- to a DO for fault reset. monitoring system variable $DMSW_CFG.$KEYIMAGE=66

Edited once, last by dmbj ().

Advertising from our partners