SKILLSND

• Hi Guys;

Does anyone clearly explain how SKILLSND works? For example "SKILLSND LGETPOS" what is the function of the LGETPOS here? I could not find good explanation for this command in manuals or notes.

Thx in advance for your help.. :smiling_face:

• Can you give more detailed info as to what the robot is doing. The SKILLSND is basically a robot job and the computer program environment handshake. The robot job could execute to a point where path correction is needed from a sensor. The robot job would then execute the SKILLSND "CORRON" instruction saying I'm ready. A section of the computer program would execute and correct the robot's path. When the robot reaches the line where path correction is not needed the robot job would execute a SKILLSND "CORROFF".

There are other ways to use this instruction. This is just an example.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I examine the laser tracking macros. and notice that "skillsnd lsrchof" etc. and ı am new to motoman robots. command does not work with another string . so ı think these string commands like lsrchof or corron is about the communication.

Actually the question is that where can ı examine the string commands in robot or is there any list about these commands

sorry about my bad english

thx in advance

• Ok, the SKILLSND is used with a sensor function. The application is directing the robot off the taught path, correcting the robot. "CORRON" and "CORROFF" are a character string set from the robot job to the application. The text can be anything up to a certain number of characters. When the application reads that text that will trigger a section of code to execute. You should be able to search through the API to find the text.

I don't know what software package you are using. Do you have commands that start with BSC or mp?

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Hi;

SKILLSND is used for motoplus applicaiton, so you can not read it by TP.

There is an alarm explanation about it, that shows it is about a motoplus app.

"When MotoPlus function (option) is used, a robot which executed SKILLSND is not defined as using MotoPlus sensor related API. Check the combination of the robot and MotoPlus application."

Advertising from our partners