CNC with comau

• hey guys,

i am conducting research for our company, we are looking to buy an industrial robot solution with CNC.
    I tried the web, but I could not find any information about COMAU robots and CNC.
    So is it possible to run G-code with COMAU robots.

Thanks

• Comau Robotics has the OpenArm solution, where you'd run with B&R drives directly and program G-code. Robotics will sell the robot arm and you'll have to work with B&R for all the rest.

There's also an alternate solution in the hands of the skilled programmer... Write a pre-processor converting G-code to PDL2. If you are that good, just let everybody know. :icon_wink:

• I donno if this is a good idea. I use heavy load robots from comau, and they always tend to show very obvious vibrations with low frequency at the TCP at low speeds. So I think machining with these robots would not be good. If you tried it already please update us with the results

• CNC Manufacturing in Melbourne are a privately owned Australian company that is dedicated to keeping the manufacturing industry alive in Australia.
    I do not know much about this

• I use heavy load robots from comau, and they always tend to show very obvious vibrations with low frequency at the TCP at low speeds.

Comau recommends NJ 110 or NJ 130 for machining work, as they have motors directly on the wrist.

Articulated robots in general (include Kuka, Fanuc, ABB, Motoman, etc etc) have characteristic resonance frequency, they vibrate like a guitar string if you hit them. It's easy to find resonance frequencies between 3 and 10 Hz.

Therefore you need to know what to do if you do machining. Know the resonance frequency of your robot and choose feed and spin so that that resonance frequency is not excited.

Advertising from our partners