How to upgrade Pendant Firmware???

• Hi,
    I'm using R-J3iC controller with M-16iB robot.
    I replaced the pendant and everything works fine but screen resolution.
    It turned that Pendant firmware was lower than controller.

Can anyone show me how to upgrade the pendant firmware???

(I have the firmware file)

Thanks

• I have a PDF from Fanuc but we are not allowed to share Fanuc copyright information anymore, but just contact them and they will send it to you i'm sure

• What version did you have previously and what version do you have now? It's possible to load an image of the previous ipendant to update your current version (it depends on version). You will also need your current file sysmast.sv to avoid "pulse mismatch."

• Cycle the power off and then on again.
    Hold down the previous and next simultaneously while it boots to enter a CONFIG Start.
    When the config start menu is loaded select Maintenance.
    Then select Update IPendant firmware.

What version did you have previously and what version do you have now? It's possible to load an image of the previous ipendant to update your current version (it depends on version). You will also need your current file sysmast.sv to avoid "pulse mismatch."

Urdemiul I don't know what you are talking about here. You can't update firmware with an image.

Edited once, last by Racermike123 ().

• It's possible to load previous image without the need of contacting Fanuc (even software options not included in the robot) but there's a need to check version before doing it and it must be same type of robot.

Edited once, last by urdemiul ().

• Yes you can backup the original Ipendant firmware. That is not an Image backup and sysmast files do not apply here.
    If you are updating Ipendant firmware use the latest version that you have.
    I have several different software versions in our plant, from 6.22 to 7.70.
    I update all spare Teach Pendants to 7.70 that way I know the pendant will work any where in the plant.

• Possibly not the same issue, but in the past I have updated software version and options to several robots by means of and old image backup of another robot, that's why you need to backup sysmast of the robot you are updating and to take care what software version you are loading (v7.xx can't not be loaded in v6.xx neither the opposite, and v7.xx can't not be loaded to v8.xx neither the opposite).

• Fanuc robots come with serialized software. The Robot F number or E number or the controller serial number is attached to the software media.
    You cannot take the software from one robot and load it on another robot. Fanuc considers that stealing software. I am sure if Fanuc saw this post they would say that we are encouraging stealing of their software.
    I'll give some examples
    You lose the software and after a CPU failure you take an Image from another robot and load it on the robot that had the failed CPU. Fanuc considers that stealing software. You are supposed to call Fanuc and get a "reburn" of your software and pay for it.
    Another example is you have an option on one robot but not on the other. So you take an image of the robot with the options you want and restore it to another robot. That is stealing. Fanuc requires you to pay for that option.
    All robots from R30iA and later capture the software serialization number and Fanuc can tell if it is installed on the robot it was purchased for. If it is determined it is not they can remove it or force you to pay for it. Also R30iB and later will not allow you to restore an image on a robot that came from a different robot. This also voids the warranty!

Edited once, last by Racermike123 ().

• Hi Racermike123,
    You have reported this topic of firmware uploading as illegal and suggesting it should be deleted.
    There is not a clear , step by step set of instructions posted.
    As engineers , we are all aware of the many processes that can be accomplished if you set your mind to it. In this case I'm sure Fanuc will be pleased that their resolve to protect their investment has also been clearly pointed out. :angel:
    I think the postings should stay for future referral.

• My post it was not made by any intention of stealing from Fanuc, clearly there are always misunderstandings. Anyway, when Fanuc has made any upgrade of software it seems that F numbers disappear and it's shown as F00000, I have check this several times in many robots so no serial is included at least in RJ3iB, RJ3iC and R30iA.

Advertising from our partners