how to set the collision zone

• Robot has build in DeviceNet slave module so PLC with devicenet should be OK.

However with only two robots you can setup communication and zones directly between them.
    This depends on how complicated your application is and a need of external device to control the robots.

• no... just mechanically assemble I/O cards (and terminating module), use DIP-switches to select baud rate and node address.
    everything else is done by completing wiring and editing IOSYS.INI and DEVNET.INI on the robot controller

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yeah, so the only way to do direct robot-to-robot communications would be to wire (some of) their respective slave Inputs and Outputs to each other. Crude, but effective.

A PLC would make things easier (as long as it could be a DeviceNet slave to both robots simultaneously), but for a small, simple cell, might not be worth the expense.

• MFC is a "Multi-Function-Card"

DeviveNet port on MFC is meant as a low cost option to easily integrate I/O with the robot (where robot is master).

If you need more flexible option (where robot is either master or slave or both) you need dedicated communication card. Bus type does not matter (DeviceNet, ProfiBus, ProfiNet, EthernetIP, ...)

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Like Panic said, the MFC DeviceNet card is the low-cost minimal I/O option that all KRC2s came with.

Yes, you can do it with Profibus, but one robot will have to be the slave, and the other the master. But be aware, Profibus can be a pain to set up if you're not familiar with it.

• Gentlemen, you can write me how to do slave and master? I have a program SIMATIC NCM PC, I read a little bit but I'm not sure to the end how to do it. Do you can help me? I ask also for help regarding cabling, because I see three ways to connect in a manual.

• yes, you can also do single robot operate in EXT mode - without PLC. all it is needed is some 'magic' in SPS and 4 jumpers.

3) read 1 and 2

• I will write what he wants to achieve.Maybe I chose the wrong way.Two robots will cut one element , collision zone would be best.robots are in one cage for each notch someone has to come and open the door.Each closing the door, is associated with the confirmation and commissioning drives.Later, you have to run on each robot cutting program.Is it possible that you are a simple way to do just to master?

• you keep beating around the bush asking vague questions and jumping around the topics. can you please put some thought into what you want to accomplish, and be direct?

best way to solve a problem is to ask one thing, work on it until it is resolved. once it is put to bed, only then move onto the next question.

it is perfectly fine to ask several question but please put each of them into a separate topic. only then this place will also be useful to other users and - those trying to help you.

if you want to interlock robots so they don't collide, you need to define and then implement working interface between the two. do you have it or not?

to define interface, you need to sit down and think hard about what signals are needed to go back and forth and - how many of them. this alone would be a good topic in its own right.

to implement interface, you need to think about best technology that will do the job. this will have many other factors to consider (speed, number of signals, etc.). if you only need 2-3 digital I/O (most robots will have some), why bother with network connection between the robots, did you consider just using I/O? choosing fieldbus is another topic. implementing fieldbus is yet another topic.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners