Messed up iiwa network configuration

• Hi there,

I just got a new iiwa but someone had already messed up the network configuration. Now, the KCP does not find the Sunrise Cabinet, the robot is not detected, nothing. I am not an expert either.

Can you give me hints which IP addresses I have to check, which parts have to be on the same network? My main issue is that I don't fully understand the system architecture of the KCP, Cabinet, and iiwa which does not make life easier for me...

Thanks!

• Thanks!

However, I find two network configuration options: One on the KCP in Network and one in the windows system settings of the sunrise cabinet. From how I understand it, the KCP changes the robot's internal IP whereas the sunrise cabinet changes... well, it's own IP. Am I getting this correctly?

On the sunrise, the IP is set to 192.168.0.1 which I have heard is an internally used IP address. Is that already a potential source of my problems?

• Don't change any address on the KCP, because there are many of them and each has a purpose.
    The only IP address of the robot you should change is the one used to communicated with the machine running SunriseWorkbench (it's usually 172.31.1.147), and you should only change only it using SunriseWorkbench when you install your "StationSetup.cat" in the project (I chane it only when I have a project including more than one robot)

• Thanks very much, I really appreciate your help!

I think I have successfully reset everything now. However, through workbench, I still get an error that communication with 172.31.1.147:8090 can not be established, even though an nmap portscan does find the IP address and confirms it is up and running.

Ultimately, I will have to change the IP to a static IP assigned by the network administrator as the robot will be on our LAN but excluded from dhcp but that's a challenge for future me :winking_face:

• It wouldn't work, unless you install the StationSetup first (Like in the screenShots attached)

I'll quote myself from a previous thread:

• Thanks very much, I really appreciate your help!

I think I have successfully reset everything now. However, through workbench, I still get an error that communication with 172.31.1.147:8090 can not be established, even though an nmap portscan does find the IP address and confirms it is up and running.

Ultimately, I will have to change the IP to a static IP assigned by the network administrator as the robot will be on our LAN but excluded from dhcp but that's a challenge for future me :winking_face:

Generally speaking you do not edit any IP addresses from Windows level (Control Panel -> network settings)
    These are internal robot network addresses (192.168...) and that's not how your controller communicates with outside world.
    The only way to setup IP address for it is from Workbench and installing software again (just like kiiwa explains)
    Manipulating by hand configuration files on controller is leading to major problems.
    WES7 system on controller do not have exclusive access to network card. Adjusting IP addresses on Windows side only screw up internal communication between controller and teach pendant (SmartPad is a separate PC with WindowsCE) and real time operating system VXworks (which controls physical NIC)

• Manipulating by hand configuration files on controller is leading to major problems.
    WES7 system on controller do not have exclusive access to network card. Adjusting IP addresses on Windows side only screw up internal communication between controller and teach pendant (SmartPad is a separate PC with WindowsCE) and real time operating system VXworks (which controls physical NIC)

I am aware of this, that is why I am trying to get the robot back to an initial configuration. Alas, changes on windows level had been made before and communication is already screwed up. However, I am getting there.

I still run into issues with the smartpad: It can not establish connection to the krc. this happens irregularly and it looks like another IP conflict. I know that changes have been made to the smartpad IP again on windows level but I have never even touched that so I do not know what the default setting is supposed to be - can anyone look that up for me or maybe know off of the top of their head...
    1. connect keyboard to smartpad
    2. press start button
    3. click settings -> network and dialup
    4. open SMSC91181
    5. look up the ip parameters from there. Mine are manually set to 192.168.0.1 and 255.255.0.0 which in my eyes does not make sense but maybe someone can confirm that?

EDIT: Long story short, this was getting over my head. I have backed up all important data and did a factory reset from the recovery USB so now I am back to vanilla sunrise :icon_confused: however, the issue with the smartpad remains. So I hope this is my last post on this topic and then I can get back to work :icon_wink:

EDIT 2: I do not know if this made it worse - the SmartHMI shortcut on sunrise's desktop leads to a non-existant folder (the smartHMI folder in C:\KRC does not exist anymore), I can not establish any connections...

• Find in attach the IP config.

If things are this screwed :waffen100: , you gotta install from anew, using the recovery USB stick.

P.S. BEWARE OF OVERWRITING THE NEW OS DISK IMAGES in folder "IMAGE"! it happens when you forget to change the booting options to "Restore WIM from USB Stick" using "KSR_Configurator.exe" , Keep another copy in another folder on the Stick

Advertising from our partners