Safe Operation System, Brake test

• Hello All,

We have a KUKA robot working with safe operation system, We need to execute the brake test but we can not change the robot mode from T1 to AUT mode as when we turn operation switch to select the operation mode, the only available option is T1 Mode. I tried by activating the start up mode but it also did not work. I am hardly stuck in this problem and I did not find my answer inside manual of SafeOperation. Our system is KSS 8.3 and SafeOperation 3.3.

Thank you in advance for your help

• Thank you so much Panic Mode
    Please may you explain more about safety circuits, is it about hardwares we have added for safety, as we already have a laser sensor to detect movements inside the room in knee height?

• you did not explain which safety interface type you have (hardware/network).

hardware interface is using X11 and X13 (X13 only when using SafeOperation)

network interface is using SafetyPLC and suitable network: FSoE/ProfiSafe/CIPSafety

it does not matter which interface you have but there must be one on each robot and it must be integrated correctly - than you can move robot without dependence on StartUp mode.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• Hello all
    We have an ultra kuka robot and KR C4 controller and we need to execute the brake test. I have read all the manuals for end user, system integrator's and safe operation to learn how to do it but I did not find my answer. My problem is that after preparing all the codes for parking and etc, when I want to run the BrakeTestReq program the error of KSS27022 (T1 mode prevents to execute brake test) appears.

Did you complete commissioning? What exactly did you do during commissioning?

I can say it that all the electrical and security connections are right as after commissioning the robot and initial brake test, no configuration has been changed.
    If anybody here helps me to sort out this problem will really help me as its already 3 weeks I am stuck with this problem.

That is the thing - commissioning means that you have change things according to your installation.
    Are all safety circuits ok? What is the safety interface you use? Can you move robot without StartUp mode? Do you get red banner on top of the screen?

If anybody here helps me to sort out this problem will really help me as its already 3 weeks I am stuck with this problem.

Why don't you contact your local KUKA or for advice? Or one of their system partners? or freelancer?

It would be much easier to help you if you had training or if you could provide some answers and usable info (screenshots, photos, archive,...).
    Otherwise this WILL take really really REALLY long time...

I am particularly concerned with area laser scanner at knee level. I don't know details of your installation but - that would be illegal in most places.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners