KRC2 palletizing robot controller

• Hello,

Quick question. I have the opportunity to purchase a newer controller for a palletizing Kuka (KR100). I know that they have only 4 servos. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out my servo drives from older cabinet, update the MADA for my robot (KR200 -- not PA) and have the updated WINXP system to run from...thoughts? Is there anything specific about the palletizing robot controller that would inhibit it from doing this? As in, is the software it runs different from regular 6 axis robot controllers?

My current controller is a KRC2 running win95 (KSS 4.1.6) and I want to upgrade to winXP (and thus upgrade KSS). The price is right for the controller and would be cheaper than upgrading my current setup with new components to allow for the software upgrade.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by uberdoom ().

• Anyone?

I know I'll need to run all the cabling for servos/brakes etc and swap out connectors and other components...possible the RDC card for compatibility. I'm not concerned with the hardware end. I'm simply wondering if anyone knows about the software that the palletizing robots are running. Is it standard KSS with the specific MADA for the robot or is it something different all together?

• there is no simple answer to this other than - contact Kuka.

you have KRC2 and want to upgrade to .... what? KRC2edo5? KRC4?
    what is the exact controller type (article number)? some controllers include transformer. transformers are available in different sizes and for different voltages.
    what about software? all tech packages have specs and certain compatibility (with KSS and other packages).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Panic Mode...I'm well aware there is no simple answer. I was hoping to make it simple by making sure that I wouldn't also need to update or change the KSS running on the new controller. It's a KRC2 ed05. Article number 11006967. It has a transformer. Don't really need any tech packages. All offline programming on my end. I'm running a KR200 for milling.

• that article number includes 13kVA transformer and large drives (48A) for A1-A3.
    your KR200 will be a good fit (requires 3x 32A drives and 3x 16A), you just need to swap drives (with mounting plates since 32A is smaller that 48A), swap internal motor cables or add cables for A5 and A6, replace MADA and you are good to go.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Welcome to the future. Thanks everyone. Pics of the cabinet show wiring is already in place, just not hooked up to any drives. I have a working cabinet (old KRC2) and a parts cabinet that I will use to swap from. Now just to calm the building owner down when 3 kuka arms and 4 cabinets have shown up in 6 months...he's not going to like the new electric bill (included in the rent)!

Advertising from our partners