Is is possible to connect the welder using the ethernet/IP to the Robot?

• Hello everyone,

I am curious to know how we make the robot (100 iC R30iB controller) recognize the IP address of the welder (in our case it's Lincoln powerwave 500), as in the case of VFD's and I/O's one knows the adapter configurations and how much data is being transferred, here we don't know these specifications for the welder. The welder has an IP address assigned to it which I have used for calibration but when I am trying to feed the wire through it, it keeps giving me an error that the welder is offline.

Need some guidance on what's the process for the same? Appreciate your time.

Thank you

• I thought of posting the solution for this question, might be of some help to someone in the future.

You can connect it through ethernet but the welder has to go on port 2 and not on any other network switch or port, it won't work that way. Make sure the variables $VENDOR_ID, $DEV_TYPE and $PROD_CODE have a value equal to 0.Once set to 0, perform a controlled start and attempt to establish communication. The adapter configuration are set up automatically with the controlled start and one doesn't have to worry about assigning those like we would have done for any other device (VFD's, I/O's etc.)

If they are set to 0, and you are having trouble connecting you may need to go online with the power supply and set the IP address back to DHCP and attempt to establish communication through a controlled start.

Thank you

Advertising from our partners