positioning error in BASE

• Hi

I wish to ask if anyone can offer any help on a matter that occur with a robot KR240 L180 KRC2 ed 2005 when define a BASE .
    I mean, a BASE 1 is defined in the workspace as indicated in the picture (left side one). Sending tool in that zero point tip of tool reach exactly in Base origin as I represented it in the scketch. When BASE 1 is redefined in same point only changing orientation of axis, sending tool in zero tool reach close of origin with error of 10 mm, maybe more on z and y direction.
    Robot software is KSS 5.2.19.
    First , mastering was checked and robot has been remastered for sure. Positiononig error still maintain even after this new remastering.
    Machine.dat was checked and is all right.
    Robcor.dat could have a role in this matter?
    What else could generate such an error?

Thank you.

• Hello

Yes , tool TCP is well defined, there is also posibility to introduce TCP values as numeric input knowing the length of tool. It's coming from a simulation program where it is represented on scale 1:1.

• So you send robot to 0,0,0 of BASE1 . It arrives you can see 0,0,0 (also check position relative to WORLD and save it)
    Now you will modify A B C of BASE1 and send the robot to 0,0,0 . It arrives but its 10mm off from the actual position? (again check that position in WORLD , should be identical to the first one)

• Hello

Yes , tool TCP is well defined,...

but have you checked it?

use T1, increase speed to max, select tool, select tool coordinate system then use A,B,C to rotate about TCP. does TCP remain really stationary during reorientation?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• We did that procedure, TCP doesn't remain stationary in same point origin when rotating tool around X (C).
    At 90 deg deviation is more than 10 mm .
    What means that? Is related to TCP? How can be corected this error?
    Ty

• most likely you have wrong tool data. potentially you may have wrong machine data.

how about measuring TCP using 4-point method?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• What you mean wrong tool data ? Wrong TCP coordinates?
    What is the maximum accepted deviation?
    I did same proedure on another Kuka robot KR210 L150 KRC2 ed 2005 and deviation exist but is 2-3 mm only on Y when rotate C around a point.

I checked machine.dat file and distances between axis, axis rotation limits are as robot Kuka diagram indicate for this robot type.

Edited once, last by signum ().

• What you mean wrong tool data ? Wrong TCP coordinates?

yes

What is the maximum accepted deviation?

that depends on your applications... one thing is to pick 50kg bag of grain. it is whole another game to insert needle into patient.

I did same procedure on another Kuka robot KR210 L150 KRC2 ed 2005 and deviation exist but is 2-3 mm only on Y when rotate C around a point.

I checked machine.dat file and distances between axis, axis rotation limits are as robot Kuka diagram indicate for this robot type.

so... did you or did you not do what i proposed in previous two posts?

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners