XRC Alarm 4305

• I have a dual UP6 XRC machine with an Arcworld positioner. I have been experiencing an issue on an off for about a year with the machine throwing Alarm 4305. Its for SV1 converter circuit charge error 0000_0000_0000_0010. All i have to do is clear the alarm and move the robots to their correct positions and it runs just fine. I just started experiencing this error again. Here is a list of the times that i have experienced this alarm:

6/1 10:25
    6/25 11:25
    6/25 12:40
    6/30 8:22
    9/7 7:18
    9/7 7:19
    9/7 7:20
    9/7 7:28
    9/7 11:05
    9/12 12:31
    9/12 2:45
    9/12 2:50

I have 0 idea what is causing this alarm. The last time spoke with Motoman they said that i should not be able to get the machine to run again and it should be a continual alarm and not be intermittent like it is. Any thoughts and ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it will be greatly appropriated (and just so you have an idea, i am not a maintenance person and know very little about checking electrical circuits, i just get stuck dealing with it because we are only a 7 person outfit and i am the only one with experience with robots).

• I don't have any remote capabilities, besides the controller and a operator station, if that's what you are asking. The positioner itself has multiple axis-es. It has the large carousel and then each side has its own rotational capabilities.

• When looking in the troubleshooting manual for that error this is listed.

CONVERTER CIRCUIT CHARGE ERROR

Sub Code: Signifies the physical No. of converter in which the alarm occurred

Module failure (converter)

(1)Reset the alarm

(2)If the alarm occurs again, replace controller. Save the CMOS.BIN before
    replace controller to be safe

That being said, the easiest thing to do would probably be to swap out the converter with one that you know works once you have saved everything. I had to do that once and it worked different alarm though.

• Thanks for your reply!!

A couple of questions..

Is controller and converter the same? You wrote "replace controller" and then "swap out the converter".

The sub code that indicates which converter is in my case SV#1?

• Sorry about the confusing wording. This is where I am a little fuzzy on the information. We need to establish what type of cabinet you have. Could you take a picture? Depending on the robot cabinet, the converter may be integrated into a larger unit that is replaceable. If you have the original manual that may be able to help identify the kind of cabinet you have. I believe there are 12 different kinds of cabinets, broken into 3 categories small medium and large service duty.

• 4305 CONVERTER CIRCUIT

CHARGE

ERROR

[Bit Pattern]

• There was no response(ready 2 signal) of charge completed from convertor at servo ON.

• While turning servo ON, the ready 2 signal was intercepted .

• The ready 2 signal was not intercepted at servo OFF(at emergency stop).

• While turning servo OFF(at emergency stop), the ready 2 signal was turned ON .

Reasons are as follows:

• Mistaken wiring of connection for primary side power supply.

• The drop of primary side power supply (less than170V).

• Because the power supply cable of primary side was too fine or its cable was too long, the voltage drop occurred at servo ON.

Possible causes

• Defective WRCA01,WRCF01 circuit board

• Defective converter

• Defective amplifier(There is a possibility that power circuit was short-circuited internally.)

• Check that primary power supply is more than 170V.

• Replace the amplifier.

• If the error occurs again, replace the WRCA01 circuit board, WRCF01 circuit board, the converter.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners