WorkVisual for LBR / IIWA

• Hi,
    I dont seem to be able to select an LBR /IIWA from the catalogue in WorkVisual 3.1.. Is there a resource or a library somewhere I can upload to give me this facility?

Many Thanks

• Hi there,

Don't quote me on this, but there should be a WorkVisual Extension for Sunrise Workbench. You need to have the add-on, which KUKA should have given you with your other packages. I set up Sunrise a while ago now, but you should be able to access the iiwa WorkVisual file from the package explorer when it is all set up (see my screenshot).

-Alex

• WorkVisual is not the IDE to program the LBR iiwa, it's the sunrise workbench.
    Unlike other KRC robots (that are programmed in KRL), you'll use WorkVisual on iiwa just to map the Input/Outputs (LBR iiwa is programmed with Java + Kuka javaRoboticsAPI).

Like alexanderdsmith said, you have to add the WorkVisual AddOn for Sunrise Workbench, then with every new project you create on the Sunrise Workbench, you'll have an IO configuration file IOConfiguration.wvs (like in alexanderdsmith screenshot), when you double click on it , it would be opened with workVisual.

• Thanks to all for your replies,

I am only trying to configure I/Os with Work visual.
    I am trying to setup some Omron Ethercat devices for analogue input.

When I open the wvs file work visual opens, but unfortunately I don't appear to get a complete layout of controller + robot.
    I just get Steuerung 1 (controler).

I am unable to add any devices until I set an active controller: unfortunately because there isn't any supporting documentation for Iwwa and Workvisual I'm not even sure what if the correct controller might be.. anyway when I do set active controller (Steuerung 1) and insert the ethercat devices and then try and deploy Workvisual crashes..

Because of this lask of documentation I'm not sure how complete a workvisual project has to be (controller robot etc) in order for the bus to be configured...

Best Reagrds

• I'm not an expert on using EtherCat (Did it once on Agilus, though). But, these screenshots might help

• BEWARE! Use only version 3.0.9 of Work Visual for the iiwa. Never a version above. It will crash.

It happens to me , i open it with higher version of Wv ,

now when i am trying to open IOConfiguration.wvs its always going to open it on the same higher version. even i reinstalled the correct Wv.

can you please help me how can solve this issue.

Sunrise version - 1.16.1.9

Accepted Wv version is - V5.0.5

higher version - V5.0.10

• first of all... and i cannot stress this enough... ALWAYS make a backup (or backups) before making any changes. then you have something to fall back to if things don't work out.

opening WoV project in newer version of WoV, may lead to file format conversion and this is a one way street. you cannot go back. even if using same version, make a backup before making changes. there is plenty that can go wrong in wrong hands... saving or closing project after one innocent change may make things not work again.

next... i do not understand the problem:

are you saying that you have BOTH versions of WoV installed at the same time?

what do you mean by "when i try to open..."... how exactly do you try to open? there is more than one way to open file.

double clicking on *.WVS file will try to open project in DEFAULT application. if multiple versions are installed, last installed is the higher version and that is the default one. if you want to revert to one version, consider removing both, then installing one you want.

the other option is to start WoV, then from WoV navigate to *.WVS file...

another option is to add shortcuts to SendTo. then when you navigate to file using explorer, right click on file and choose "Send to", shortcut of specific version

another is to edit registry and add context menus manually (this is the most difficult one, specially for people that have not mastered concepts like backup).

another is to keep Sunrise development in a separate space (VM). then each VM can have own defaults

etc.

and if WVS file is modified somehow (perhaps corrupt, or converted to a newer file format etc) then going back may be easiest by simply replacing IOConfiguration.wvs with one from backups.

and if backup does not exist, just create new Sunrise project,, configure same media flange etc and save. this creates new project from template and inserts new IOConfiguration.wvs into this temporary project. then you can take IOConfiguration.wvs from it and use it to replace messed up one in your actual SunriseOS project.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners