Long-term monitoring with trace oscilloscope

• Hello, I need to monitor the position, velocity, acceleration and a moment on each axis of the robot (6 axes, KR C4, KSS 8.2). For this purpose, it is good to use a tool "Trace", but when recording 24 different waveforms at the same time, is able to record only 550 seconds. I would wanted to record for a few hours.
    I wanted to solve using the system variable $TRACE and always at the end of the recording, start a new record

Code
    $TRACE = {NAME[] "trc_zk1", MODE #T_STOP, STATE #T_END}
    $TRACE = {NAME[] "trc_zk2", MODE #T_STOP, STATE #T_END}

, but I do not know if this is even possible. Anyway, when you try to write to the variable $TRACE get error 1446 (Value assignment inadmissible).
    It is possible in this way to solve this? And how?
    Or please consult a completely different way, yet I'm not very advanced programmer KUKA Systems.
    Thank you in advance for any response.

• Hi,

in the attachment you'll find my subroutines for starting and stopping a trace. Your error message probably happens when the previus trace is not yet fully finished. Internally trace is a ring buffer that is written to the harddisk with very low priority after the trigger event happened and a new trace can be made only after the harddisk writing is finished. This is necessary to not interfere with the hard real-time restrictions other parts of the robots controller system have. So basically the file is written whenever there is time for it. Hence, it is important always to wait for #T_END (see attachment) before restarting a trace.

Fubini

Advertising from our partners