[Updated; via post] SmartHMI not launching after RSI IP setup [KRC4]

• Hi all,

Yesterday I tried to set up a new IP for RSI via Pendant. IP = 172.32.1.184.
    [HMI-> Home-Start up-MinimizeHMI; /// Windows-> Start-RSI Network-New (under RSI)- Edit- 172.32.1.184 /// HMI-> Shutdown-> Reboot with cold-start].

At first it seemed fine, but the menus in the pendant weren't showing up, so after around 15 min I rebooted it again. After the reboot, SmartHMI wasn't showing up at all. The pendant was going straight into Windows and showing KukaCross3. [The KRC icon on the taskbar was yellow/orange this time]
    Guessing than the conflict could come from the new IP assigned, I deleted the entry in RSI Network, and reboot, but no changes. SmartHMI was hidding from me.

At that point, I connected a monitor to the controller, and look at the booting and everything seemed fine during the process, but again, the fact was that SmartHMI wasn't showing up. Stopping and launching again KRC wasn't making a difference.
    I was suggested then to pack the KRCDiag .zip and look at the logs, but it wasn't working. KRCDiag wasn't finalizing the .zip because of :

Code
    #Error:
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of the type 'system.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipDirectory.Zip(String inputBasePath, String zipFilePath) 
    at KUKA.KRCDiag.KRCDiag.Run()

The next step then was looking into the KLIConfig.xml, and after changing the StandartGatewayIp from blank to 0.0.0.0, and rebooting, KRCDIag was able to pack the zip. But still SmartHMI not lauching :frowning_face:

Looking at the .evt logs for SmartHMI I could find the following errors:

Code
    Error loading PlugIn "VERSION"!

or

Any suggestions other than reinstalling??

Sorry for such a long post,

Thanks!

--------------------

KRC4
    KSS: 8.2.2

PD: Now I'm guessing that I shouldn't use IP's that are in the same subnet than KLI (172.31.1.179). I was aware of the other one though [192.168.X.X, 172.16.X.X and 172.17.X.X]

• Hi jack,

I have used the following setting for configuring the RSI
    </Queue>
    </VirtualNetworkDevice>
    <VirtualNetworkDevice>
    <IfConfig Name="RSI" Unit="6" IpConfigType="LwipAndIpnetStatic" Ip="192.168.1.200" Netmask="ffffff00" />
    <Queue Priority="141">
    <Filter String="UDP" />
    </Queue>

So it is better if you use different ip range... :icon_smile:

Kind Regards Shubham Sharma

Edited once, last by Shubham Sharma ().

• Hi jack,

I have used the following setting for configuring the RSI
    </Queue>
    </VirtualNetworkDevice>
    <VirtualNetworkDevice>
    <IfConfig Name="RSI" Unit="6" IpConfigType="LwipAndIpnetStatic" Ip="192.168.1.200" Netmask="ffffff00" />
    <Queue Priority="141">
    <Filter String="UDP" />
    </Queue>

So it is better if you use different ip range... :icon_smile:

Edited once, last by Shubham Sharma ().

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong in my system, but I appreciate it.
    That said, I had understood NOT to use [192.168.X.X, 172.16.X.X and 172.17.X.X] as RSI IP's as they were going to conflict.

• [UPDATE]

Unfortunately I don't have any images except the original ones in the hidden part. ( Lesson learnt! :frowning_face: ) But I actually have an archive done a while ago (the .zip done via pendant). I know there's an option to restore them via smartHMI. Mine is not launching so I was hoping to find an option somewhere in the controller to do so, starting from the KRCConfigurator, but I haven't :thinking_face:

Because of that, and also trying to find the root of the issue, I have run a diff between the actual files in the KPC and the archive, being the result the following (important) files:
    (BTW, which data in the controller is related to the Rdc folder in the archive.zip?)

- VisualWorkProject.wvs (As I understand the datetime of it is updated everytime smartHMI launchs)
    - KrlModSize.bin (Same regarding the datetime)
    - config.dat (New tools)

- KLIConfig.xml (being the difference the IP from blank to 0.0.0.0; Was a step in the previous topic opened) *
    - RSI.xml (the indentation of the new file was different from the old. Weird!) *

These last two are the ones I have replaced, and no luck!

Something else that I have noticed is that when the controller is rebooted and KRC tries to launch for the first time, all the leds in the drive controllers are green, but If I "Stop KRC" and launch it again, the one in the right module under X33 becomes red (in my case G1-x33).

The booting process shows the following, although I haven't seen anything strange (from my inexpert PoV)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• what is the history of the controller? any tech packages installed lately or just assigned RSI address? when installing new software, usually new entries are added to some of XML files (menues etc.) and plugins are loaded on startup. if installation failed, this can prevent HMI from loading.

btw, configuration changes require cold start with reload files.

i suggest contacting Kuka for next steps. archive (even old) would be helpful, generating KrcDiag would be nice too. but since your HMI does not start, you may have to try one of alternate methods, for example as long as vxworx is running (even with hmi frozen), you can hold menu button (robot icon) then press twice pen button, then release menu key.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

what is the history of the controller? any tech packages installed lately or just assigned RSI address? when installing new software, usually new entries are added to some of XML files (menues etc.) and plugins are loaded on startup. if installation failed, this can prevent HMI from loading.

Just setup of a new IP for RSI.

KRCDiag was generated via KPC (KRC Icon in the taskbar-> right click -> KRCDiag).

[...] But I actually have an archive done a while ago (the .zip done via pendant)[...]

I have an archive, and already did a diff between files, and this was the result:

• Hi,

The best and quick solution for you is to directly contact the KUKA and ask them you want to restore the original Image to the controller.

Advertising from our partners