World Zones IRC5 2600

• 1. Don't use WZ for machine safety.

2. You don't mention what you want to use the zone for so this will be a generic answer...
    In the documentation you should have received with the robot you'll find the sections on World Zones under " Technical reference manual - RAPID Instructions, Functions and Data types",
    sections 1.299 > 1.308 covers (at least in my version) the functions for WZ and it'll give you some samples...

You can define a box using two points in space or a cylinder or sphere using a single point (plus some numerical parameters).
    You can also define a WZ around the joint targets (each axis position in degrees rather than TCP / XYZ values) if you'd like to define things like home positions.

• 1. Don't use WZ for machine safety.

Why not?
    That's one of the main things to do with worldzones.
    Machine safety, for me, means interaction between different machines/robots.

But don't use worldzones for user safety (if, for example the workcell is too small, and the robot can reach/crash the fence.

• sorry that I did not clarify what I was using it for. It will be used for machine safety. I'm kind of new to programming and have never setup a world zone and would like to know where to program that.

• I don't recommend WZ for machine safety because it's not inherently safe, it's great for a lot of things but safety (IMHO) isn't one of them.

Depending on the application it still may be "good enough", but in an die casting application, especially if the robot is used for extraction and with that WZ is to be used for Mold Area Free signal/supervision (e.g. preventing the press from closing while the robot is inside) then I'd personally like something safer than WZ (EPS/Safe Move, light curtains, etc.), but that's just me....

Below code should get you started / an idea of what's needed.... you need to change sdoIMMMldFr for the name of your signal.
    Save it in/as a module and create an event in the system parameters (under controller) to run the routine/procedure DefEvents at startup and/or program restart (I think that's the term).

Advertising from our partners