User interface

• Hello,

ABB have TPWRITE, TPERASE etc. comands for user interface, are there any kind of user interface comands in KRL(didn't found in manuals or I am just blind)? I mean can you make that when program starts it would ask for input("How many parts do you want to produce?")?

• There is a message programming manual. I'm not sure if it's on this site or not. If not, you can get it from your Kuka rep. Beyond that, look for the MsgLib.src file on your robot. That routine provides canned macros you can use to display different types of messages. The type of message you will need to offer operator input would be a Dialog Message. The problem is that Kuka doesn't offer an inherent way for numeric entry to dialog messages.

Search this forum for the manual, as well as MSGDialog or MsgLib.src and you'll find plenty of discussion on how this works.

• For later versions of KSS, the robot should have pre-installed a module called MSGLIB.SRC, which provides a number of fairly easy-to-use libraries (and comments) for using different types of messaging.

One thing to be aware of: for the "Dialog" messages, the library (the ones I've seen) gets the key numbering backwards for the operator buttons, so watch out for that.

Advertising from our partners