Logix 5000 / R30iB weird Ethernet I/P mapping issue

• I have Logix Designer 5000 V28.12, and an R30iB control. I have a few questions on the Ethernet I/P I/O mapping

I am running the latest EDS file from Rockwell for the Fanuc Robot adapter... I can toggle I/O, it's talking and happy. Adapter on the robot is set for word size 4, and corresponding size is right on the PLC side.

I have UOP mapped through Ethernet I/P but the status is not showing up in Logix when I flip outputs on/off at the robot pendant.... Digital outs are showing up and toggling, but they are showing as "inputs" in Logix....

Something I am doing wrong?

• ...and this is weird because?!... :hmmm:...It is working like it is supposed to...Robot OUTPUTS are read by the PLC as INPUTS and vice-versa, PLC OUTPUTS are read by the robot as INPUTS... :icon_mrgreen:

The Logix STATUS tag refers to the communication connection status and not the state of the Read/Write buffer...

Edited once, last by dmargine ().

• Hahaha sorry - this is why mechanical guy's don't do controls lol... my controls guy is out this week on vacation...

That makes sense now, forgive me I thought the I/O was going to display it's status in the robot itself...but I get it now :icon_mrgreen:

So I just need to now figure out why my UOP isn't toggling and I think I can start naming it.

Thanks!!

• The UOP does not transfer by default to a connected Logix controller; you will have to map it within the R30iA/B controller EtherNet/IP communication buffer...

[I/O], [TYPE], [UOP], [CONFIG]...RANGE[1- 16], RACK 89, SLOT 1, START1 will map the robot controller UOP within the first 16 bits of both the INPUT and OUTPUT plc transfer data image.

• Ok thanks! I had that originally... When I toggle UOP on the pendant screen it still doesn't flip any bits in Logix. Digital outs will, but UOP doesnt.

Rack 89, Slot 1, Start 1.

Do I need to be set up as a scanner instead of adapter?

• If UOP is mapped as RACK89, Group1, Start1 then:
    IPMSTP = DI[1],
    HOLD = DI[2],
    SFSPD = DI[3]
    CYCLE STOP = DI[4]
    FAULT RESET = DI[5]
    START = DI[6]
    HOME = DI[7]
    ENABLE = DI[8]

and

Cmd Enabled = DO[1]
    Syst Ready = DO[2]
    Prg Running = DO[3]
    Prg Paused = DO[4]
    Motion Held = DO[5]
    Fault = DO[6]
    At Perch = DO[7]
    TP Enabled = DO[8]
    Bat Alarm = DO[9]
    Busy = DO[10]

This is the UOP!...You cannot Simulate it...It is Read/Written by the EtherNet/IP communications established between the robot controller and the Logix system.

The EtherNet/IP Adapter is a software package installed option- the Adapter option is used for communicating with other systems...The EtherNet/IP Scanner is another option which needs to be part of the installed software package- the Scanner option is used for controlling Remote I/O...You cannot use the same port for both the Adapter and Scanner options...

Advertising from our partners