Damaged outputs on 1TW board

• I messed up input and output connectors and result of this instead connect inputs to outputs on D'SUB 37 on 1TW board.
    Аs a result pins Vin 1 and Vin2 is supplied with GND on external power and short circuited.Immediately realized what happened and disconnect power supply.But after correct mistake and proper wiring some outputs not working they are is OUT 9 to OUT16.Worked outputs is 1 to 8 and 17 to 32.Are this outputs is damaged or something else?

• Without having access to 1TW board circuit diagram, difficult to say if control circuits damaged but I do know:

VIN-1 (Pin 18 CN2 = 24V+ External Supply) and COM-1 (Pin 36 CN2 = 0V External Supply)
    - These 2 rails supply 1st 16 Outputs (1-16)

VIN-2 (Pin 19 CN2 = 24V+ External Supply) and COM-2 (Pin 37 CN2 = 0V External Supply)
    - These 2 rails supply 2nd 16 Outputs (17-32)

All Outputs from my knowledge have individual opto isolator per output, so in theory, only opto isolator(s) will be damaged if incorrect polarity connected.
    - Possible damaged opto(s) maybe short circuited, causing permanent output on.......or Opto open circuit, result in no output.........
    - What is strange is that you have only lost 8 outputs on 1st 16 outputs and no damage to 2nd 16 outputs........so maybe not damaged, just allocated differently perhaps.....you will need to check.

Have a look in AUX 06 (Inputs/Outputs) - Specifically:
    AUX 0611 for Total No. of IO signals being 32 each for Outs/Ins.
    AUX 0610 (if your robot arm is NOT RS03) - Both Sensor/Valve setting is set to disabled.
    AUX 0607 for Arm ID IO if allocation for outputs being set as 9 for top signal and no. of signals being 8.
    AUX 0608 (if using fieldbus, check signals have not been allocated for fieldbus use - If fieldbus not enabled, then this AUX function will not be available).

Other than that, it maybe that 1TW board requires replacing......but I find strange only 8 outputs effected...... ???

Hope this helps.........

• May I could not explain it properly.I made connector for inputs and connect to wrong port on 1TW board(outputs).Only pins V1in (I thought they are is COM1 and COM 2 ) and V2in were supplied with GND 24V.
    Tomorrow I chek AUX settings.I think they are as you say.

• - Yes this confusion I have seen several times (edited)
    - COM means common rail and could be 0V or 24V depending on NPN/PNP (sourcing/sinking) version 1TW Board, which means VIN(1/2) would be opposite.
    - Must be correct for functions to operate correctly so NPN or PNP important.
    - If not, damage may occur.

Ok, I understand what you wrote clearer now:
    - You were wiring input configuration for inputs, but connected to outputs by accident.
    - VIN(1/2) were connected to 0V and COM(1/2) were connected to 24V.
    - This would be common for both 16 outputs, therefore if damage occur, I would expect damage on 17-32 outputs also.......
    - Either unlucky 8 outputs damaged.... ??? or signal allocation is preventing outputs 9-16 working.

Standard for electrical connections:
    Pins (male) = Inputs
    Socket (female) = Outputs

BUT with Kawasaki Controllers (C/D/E) IO Boards (1GW/1HW/1TW) opposite is correct:
    Pins (male) = Outputs (CN2)
    Socket (female) = Inputs (CN4)

• Just for future reference to anyone coming across this thread who may not be aware of Extended IO:

R(except RS3)/Z/M/B/CP/BA Series manipulators (usually supplied) use additional Arm ID board and extended IO(NPN or PNP versions available): (refer to Arm ID Instruction Manual)
    (Older Z/M Series manipulators may have Arm Id Board/Extended IO fitted as option not standard supplied).

- Extended IO ability for local connection to EOAT - no external harness required back to controller.
    - Z/M/B Series have additional 24 Inputs and 8 Outputs available.
    - R/CP/BA Series (Not RS3) have additional 12 Inputs and 8 Outputs available.
    - When this is fitted, if you allocate signal numbers in Aux 0607, these signals are subtracted from Total IO (Aux 0611).
    - Standard setting for single 1TW board is Total IO 32.
    - Results in specific IO not be available on fitted 1TW.

Therefore, to retain full 32 IO on 1TW and have all additional IO on Arm ID Extended IO:
    - Increase Total IO (Aux 0611) - Inputs to 56 and Outputs to 40 for Z/M/B Series or Inputs to 44 and Outputs to 40 for R/CP/BA Series
    - Allocate additional IO to Arm ID in Aux 0607

Output Top Signal (starting signal no.) - 33 and Signal Number (No.of Signals) - 8
    Input Top Signal - 1033 and Signal Number - either 24 for Z/M/B Series or 12 for R/CP/BA Series
    - This will enable you to use extended IO without losing 1TW IO.
    - If you do not want to use extended IO or is not fitted, then just make sure signal number field(s) in Aux 0607 are set to 0 to disable
    - Also Aux 0610 both sensor and valve options should be disabled if NOT using RS3.

If you fail to see correct output/input on 1TW.....check signal are not allocated to Arm ID Aux 0607 or Aux 0610 is incorrectly set.

Hope this helps...............

Advertising from our partners