Find DCS code

• Hello All,

I am in the same situation with DCS code.

Probably the manufacturer company changed from 1111 to something during the comissioning, but I was working for different company that time so nobody know what is the current code.

Can somebody help me how to identify the code?
    I attached a word file which containes the syspass.sv content.

Thank you in advance!

R30iB

fematthew89

• Do yourselves a favor and create a TP program, chose an open register (in this case Register 1 was open) and put in the following code:

R[1] = $DCS_CODE

Run that line and look up the value in your Data Registers.

It's always the robots fault, just ask management!

Robots are always the solution, just ask management!

• Do yourselves a favor and create a TP program, chose an open register (in this case Register 1 was open) and put in the following code:

R[1] = $DCS_CODE

Run that line and look up the value in your Data Registers.

Welcome to the forum. I cannot believe that works!

How did you ever figure that out? And more importantly, what other mystical secrets do you know?

• Welcome to the forum. I cannot believe that works!

How did you ever figure that out? And more importantly, what other mystical secrets do you know?

This is indeed unbelievable. This easy and obvious way to get the DCS code makes it a bit useless.

• Welcome to the forum. I cannot believe that works!

It took some doing. I spent some time looking into the .PC programs others had posted. I'm not a fan of blindly running someone else's code on a production robot, so I used RoboGuide to verify they worked before reverse engineering them. Once I found the System Variable (in this case hidden system variable), I set it equal to a register and tried it. Decided to post it because not everyone has access to RoboGuide to test the validity of code. Someone could write some nasty stuff and claim it was legit program. Being the keeper of knowledge and not sharing it doesn't make you special, I like to help others and enable them to do it themselves.

Will Fanuc change it, probably at some point.

What else have I done...that's not a short thing to answer and I'm not trying to brag here. I have a TP setup program that sets the common system variables I use. This helps me get a robot setup and talking to a PLC in less than 10 minutes.

• This is indeed unbelievable. This easy and obvious way to get the DCS code makes it a bit useless.

Yes and no. I get where you're coming from and weighed a few things before posting.

Any safety device can be bypassed if you know what you are doing. A couple jumper wires can bypass an entire safety system and a gate switch key can be left in a door. Someone can write the DCS Code on the side of the teach pendant or controller and render it useless.

Fanuc can unlock your forgotten DCS Code, but it's going to cost you time and money. A machine builder might chose to not give you the code despite being paid for the job.

Lost DCS Codes have been a problem and folks have been downloading .PC files from unknown sources to solve their problem. I appreciate those that made those .PC files, it's good stuff. In this age of digital ransoms, I wanted to give an option that just about anyone could implement without fear of damaging their robot.

Later,

00Red

• I totally agree with you and I really appreciate that you shared this helpful information.

With my post I just wanted to say that I am really surprised about it. Because my expectation was that the code is a bit more hidden or rather protected.

• It took some doing. I spent some time looking into the .PC programs others had posted. I'm not a fan of blindly running someone else's code on a production robot, so I used RoboGuide to verify they worked before reverse engineering them. Once I found the System Variable (in this case hidden system variable), I set it equal to a register and tried it. Decided to post it because not everyone has access to RoboGuide to test the validity of code. Someone could write some nasty stuff and claim it was legit program. Being the keeper of knowledge and not sharing it doesn't make you special, I like to help others and enable them to do it themselves.

Will Fanuc change it, probably at some point.

What else have I done...that's not a short thing to answer and I'm not trying to brag here. I have a TP setup program that sets the common system variables I use. This helps me get a robot setup and talking to a PLC in less than 10 minutes.

Iam not sure, but i think that the source code of DCS_unlocker was also loaded here in the forum.

• i am hoping that people still pay attention to this and can help me out i am looking to get the DCS password off of my robot and i have the syspass file converted but can not figure out the password from this

• Why not just use this method that was mentioned a few posts above?

• i tried that but could not find the option to write

R[20]= $DCS_CODE Any Help on figuring out how to write that in a TP program would also be greatful

Advertising from our partners