KR350C2, help solving errors!

• Hi,
    Testing a used KR350C2, KSS V5.2.19.
    This is my first try with KR350C2, sometimes the screen stucks when entering KSS for long time.
    Reboot the controller might sometimes successfully enters to KSS.
    I'm now inside KSS navigator with luck.
    At this moment cannot jog the robot, my guess is X7 is not plugged and I do not have this cable. X20 is connected to robot.
    Error message:
    276, p_216, Wrong machine data for this robot type.
    6503, configuration error I/O driver INTERBUSPCI
    284, Accu-voltage at PM1 below 22 volts during last buffering
    21, second motor not connected.
    310, safety circuit not ready
    200, Drives contactor off
    203, General motion enable

6593 is solved by adding a ";" in front of INTERBUSPCI =15, ibsCPP ciInit, ibpcidrv.o need to cold boot after changes.
    New batteries added, error 284 still there.
    setup--> Robot data--->RDC--->ok, error276 still there
    Error 21, second motor cable not connected, don't have this cable.

Error 284, I thought changing batteries could solve this, what else can it be?

• Check the Robot Data values from the hard drive against the RDC.
    Check the KRC2-RDC cable.
    Past a certain age, the batteries may stop holding a charge.
    Error 21 is odd -- is this robot set up for external axes?
    Comment out the Interbus driver in IOSYS.INI

• Reboot it again,
    284 solved
    276 solved , Setup--->Robot Data--->HDD--->OK, this solved the problem.

The only message left to solve is 21 second motor cable not connected.
    The seller told me that 2wires from X11 should connect to X13, I will check which 2 wire tomorrow.

• used the multimeter continuity test mode, the wires in X7 socket are connected to N1, N2 and N3 drivers and 2 blue wires 24v and GND, but the seller said they tested the robot with 1 power cable only (X20). :help:

• It's been a long time since I used a KR350, but I believe it may have required a "double" motor cable, due to the large servos it used (I know the KR500 did). Is there a large Harting rectangular connector left empty at the base of the robot?

• Yeah, that second socket can't be empty -- that's half your servo drives, right there. There should be a matching socket on the KRC2.

Basically, where most KRs only need two cables from the cabinet to the robot (one motor power, one resolver), the big ones require three cables -- two motor power cables, to reduce the current load per cable, and one resolver cable.

• Thanks skyfire!.
    Don't know what reason the seller told me they used only 1 power cable when testing kr350c2. Now Im confident to go ahead and build the cable for the other halve of the motors.

Thanks

• I purchased the X7 cable online, installed it to the cabinet and to the rear of the robot, power on the cabinet, entered KSS, login to administrator, cannot jog the robot,, There's no error on the screen, the only message appeared was General motion enable and Drives Contact off.

When tried to jog any axis I get Active command inhabited.
    Help please...

• Well, you need to get your General Motion Enable input set True. If you don't have an external source for the signal, you can bypass this temporarily by setting $MOVE_ENABLE to $IN[1025] in the Auto-External I/O Configuration.

You'll also need to ensure your X11 circuit is closing the hardware Motion Enable contact, which is separate from the "soft" General Motion Enable $INput, but generates an identical error message. :icon_rolleyes:

Advertising from our partners