Question about Incremental coordinates

• Hello,

I'm a student starting to get known with FANUC robots and Roboguide simulation program. Right now I'm using Roboguide handling tool trial without any additional add-ins.

So I got the point how incremental coordinates work, but how to determine how much columns, rows and layers I have, or pallet tool is necessary to do this? Because it allows for me to determine the step of a cycle and that's all.

Also how I could add a limit for an increment as it goes till the end of work zone, as it should go from P[1] to P[2] with increments of 100mm. Without defining all the points. Only those 2.

Thank you for answers.

• HI Paulius

Welcome to the robot forum

Are you using P[] and not PR[]. ? I recommend to use PR for your application. You could use P[] but it's just more work

how to determine how much columns, rows and lay.................................
    Use registers R[]
    You can do math operations with them , etc, etc

R[3] saves you columns
    R[4] saves you rows
    etc, etc

and you can increment R[3]=R[3]+1 or any number
    you can zero them R[3]=0

how I could add a limit for an increment..........................................

If you use PR[] at one point in your program you will have an increment similar to

R[15]=100
    PR[57,3]=PR[]57,3]+R[1]
    R[15]=R[15]+100

Just put a condition like

IF R[15] <= 1300,JMP LBL[34]
    R[15]=0
    LBL[34]

Retired but still helping

• The Handling Tool eDoc has a section on palletizing instructions, but I prefer the "roll your own" approach.
    eg. You can make each layer(Z) the same (by zeroing row and column), or change only one dimension at a time and go backward on alternating layers.

Edited once, last by Iowan ().

• : UTOOL_NUM[GP1]=2 ;
    : UFRAME_NUM[GP1]=0 ;
    :J P[3: Initial point] 100% FINE ;
    :PR[1: Row]=LPOS;
    :PR[2: Column]=LPOS;
    :PR[3: Layer]=LPOS;
    :LBL[1];
    :J P[2] 100% FINE INC ;
    :J P[4] 100% FINE INC ;
    :J PR[1] 100% FINE ;
    :J P[1] 100% FINE INC ;
    :PR[1]=LPOS;
    :R[3]=R[3]+1;
    :IF R[3]=8,JMP LBL[2];
    :R[3]=0;
    :J PR[2] 100% FINE;
    :J P[5] 100% FINE INC;
    :PR[2]=LPOS;
    :R[4]=R[4]+1;
    :IF R[4]=4,JMP LBL[3];
    :R[4]=0;
    :J PR[3] 100% FINE;
    :J P[6] 100% FINE INC;
    :PR[2]=LPOS;
    :PR[3]=LPOS;
    :R[5]=R[5]+1;
    :IF R[5]=3,JMP LBL[4];
    :LBL[3];
    :LBL[2];
    :JMP LBL[1];
    :LBL[4];

Have achvieved to write this kind of program, it works just fine, and I can adjust amount of products in a row, column, etc. easily. But faced another problem... When you put hand written INC function and point coordinates to a simulation program it says it can't reach it so I had manually delete and again insert INC function and define same point as previously. Is there any easier solution to this or it's like that no matter what?

Advertising from our partners