Program don't be show...why ?

• Hello,
    this morning, i turn on the robot abb 1400 and start the production.
    After few welds the robot stopped and i read on the flexpendant

Program doesn't be show but it is present.

So i restart robot from where the robot left off.

what's happen ?

It is better to don't turn off the robot from switch but from the flexpendant of the robot ?

What do you think about ?

THanks
    Francesco

• Cicciolopez82,

I'm afraid I don't understand your description of the behavior. Are you saying that when you looked at the production window, it just showed a blank screen, with no error messages, and that when you hit play it started back up?

If this is the case, my first guess would be that you somehow ended up at a "stop;" command. I would recommend if it happens again that you plug in with RobotStudio so that you can see exactly where the program pointer is when is stopped.

In reference to your question about shutting down, on the newer versions of IRC5 the flexpendant doesn't even have a shutdown option in the restart menu! They simply expect the main power switch to be your shutdown.

• How long is a piece of string ? :icon_confused:

It could be a million things, but if it's not showing the actual program and not throwing an error.... (I would clear the logs first thing in the morning and then let it run until it stops, save the ELOG, all of them, and post it here)

My shot in the dark is that it's "stuck" inside a "noview" module.
    If you switch it over to manual mode and then hit start again, it should pop up a "do you wish to simulate...." question after a few seconds if it's waiting on an input and then it will tell you which input it's waiting on.
    It might be stuck for many other reasons, but that's a start and a point in the (hopefully) right direction.

• Ah, well, sysfail is definitely not a good thing :icon_smile:

Then I'd recommend that you do what I mentioned earlier, clear all the error logs and let it run until it stops/crashes again... save the logs and post them here so that we can dig deeper...

• This happens from time to time on one of our robots, usually after the operator unsuccessfully tries to exit from an error handling routine. Shutting off the main power, and restarting usually brings it back up. If you have any external axis, they will have to be restarted (enabled) and usually you need to back up one step to restart the program. Mostly happens on large programs

• if it went into system failure just try to either cold start the controller or do a B start, you may have to put in a backup if none of those options work.

Advertising from our partners