CONDITION MONITOR's

• Hi,
    we have a S-430iW robot with RJ3 controller.
    I used the condition monitors to turn off DO[10] when fault.

TP program :

MONITOR cond
    DO[10] = on
    L P[1] 50 mm/s CNT100
    C P[2]
    P[3] 50 mm/s CNT100
    DO[10] = off
    MONITOR END cond

CH program:
    when UO[6] = on and DO[10] = on, call action

action program:
    DO[10] = off
    MONITOR cond

and i set Menu/config/Enable UI signals =true because UOP is offline.

When i run TP program i have an alarm : INTP-106 continue reuest and MCTL-013 enbl input is off.

why i get this alarm ?
    I appreciate any insights you have

• Perhaps because you have enabled the use of UI/UO without configuring them. As you said UI/UO are shown OFFLINE i.e. they have not been configured over any rack/range.

Hope this helps.

• You can configure the UOP output to a Flag or a DO and turn that ON/OFF as needed. configure UO[6] as Rack 34, Slot 1, Start 1 to map UO[6] to Flag 1. Or you can map a DO to one of the internal outputs using Rack 0, Slot 1, Start 1. Then configure UO[6] to the same Rack 0, Slot 1, Start 1. You would then use whatever DO you mapped in your program.

• MENUS ---> I/O ---> F1 (TYPE) ---> UOP

Press the soft key for CONFIGURE. Assign the various UOP signals accordingly. Mine are assigned to my digital I/O, for example, Rack 0, Slot 1, Starting Point 1. I think you can pick and choose which UOP you want to use on an R-J3, but if you use them all, remember, IMSTP (UI1), HOLD (UI2), and SFSPD (UI3) are normally OFF signals held ON. ENABLE (UI8) must be held ON to have motion.

Hope this helps.

• Thank ou for the answers.
    Now, i get UO[6] on DO[81].

but when there is fault .... DO[10] still ON. condition monitors program dosn't work

• You need to change it from a program type to system type. Program condition monitors will only execute when the program is running. So when it faults the monitor stops working.

A type 2 program monitor might work also, you would need to test it. The type is set by system variable, set $tpp_mon.$local_mt = 2 and $tpp_mon.$global_mt = 2

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by HawkME ().

• Thank you for the answer.

I think that the problem is the action program: when fault tp program dons't run.
    So i need to change the action program header.

• yep

but i can't set $tpp_mon.$local_mt = 2 and $tpp_mon.$global_mt = 2
    variables are protected

Edited once, last by Em ().

Advertising from our partners